ICICI Bank / home loan emi deducted twice
This is Mohammed Fiaz from Chennai, i have been holding icici bank savings bank account for the last 7 years and i hold a home loan from the same bank for the last 4 years, and i have been paying the Home Loan EMI through ECS Clearance and had never been a defaulter till date, on Aug '08 the bank deducted the EMI twice, one on Aug 12th and again on Aug 13th, i had issued two cheques to my LIC Agent for my premium payment which was due for clearance on Aug 13th, Due to the amount being deducted twice the sufficient fund there was not enough funds for the LIC Cheques to be cleared, and the ICICI Bank took penalty charges for dishonour of cheque and i had to pay LIC the cheque bounce fine as well.
When i complained this to the ICICI Customer service bank, they directed me to go to the local bank, when i visited the local bank they simply took a written complaint and promised me a callback the next day, the next day i got a call and they directed me to visit the HOME Loan division which was far away from my place and the rep did not even know the phone no to speak to the home loan dept, instead they told me to visit the dept personally and sort the issue.
I have sent several mails and calls to the ICICI bank, which they never bothered to hear my complaints and still ignoring to pay the penalty charges due to cheque dishonor and the fine which i paid to LIC.
More ICICI Bank Complaints & Reviews
- ICICI NRI Banking - Money2India - money2india: read this before you use the service! 
- [Resolved] ICICI Money2india Service - misleading exchange rate posted on their websites 
- ICICI Bank Ltd - worst nri icici bank services 
- ICICI Cpp India Card Protection - unauthorised debiting of my credit card. 
- ICICI Money2india Service - lying and cheating customers! 
- ICICI Bank - transaction dispute
- ICICI Bank - cpp one assist/ unauthorised charges from my account 
- ICICI Bank - nri account
- ICICI Bank - mutual fund scheme
- ICICI Bank - one assist activated without my permission