ICICI Bank / most filthy language being used by the collection agency personnel

My wife for the past two months she did not pay minimum balance as she was requesting to waive interest part so that one time settlement (OTS) could be arrived. On 6th May 2006, I received a call from one Mr. Hari (Tel 65227756) asking for my wife. I told him that she is out of station. I told him that she has requested for OTS. He started using abusive language for which i objected. I told him that you have no business to issue threats nor use abusive language for collection from the card holders.

On the same day, i.e. 6th May 2007 immediately i once again recd call from one Mr. Deshpande (Tel 65131428) who too started talking in the most undignified language. I immediately hung the phone.

Today, i.e.on 8th May 2007 around 3.20 pm I recd again a call on my cell No [protected] from one Mr. Salve, who claims to be collection manager of ICICI Bank. I once politely told him that my interest may be waived so that One time payment shall be made. He too started using the most filthy language. He told me that " if you do not pay by tomorrow I shall ### your wife and recover the money". This has been witnessed by my two friends.

In view of forgoing, the action of the so called Recovery Agent is unlawful as it blatantly violates the Model Code of Conduct.

Comments

Vi
  10th of May, 2007

The unbecoming behavior of the recovery/collection agent of the ICICI Bank Credit Card should be viewed seriously. Immediate suspension of the agency pending inquiry should be done without further delay. In fact, the police should treat the matter as COGNIZABLE OFFENSE and book the culprit immediately.

Pr
  12th of May, 2007

Since you have the phone number, please track this people and thrash them red and blue in public whenever you find them alone. Trust me they will not dare in future. Atleast thrash one person.

Sa
  30th of May, 2007

I suggest ICICI Bank to keep get their SYSTEMS updated (TIPS, to be precise) and get their processes regularized. They could lose a big business just because of their systems not in place.

Sm
  9th of Jul, 2007

It is against the voluntary Banking Code to which icici subscribe and against the mandatory banking regulations.

Bring this to their notice, as also write to the Finance Minister amd copy to the finance secretary, the RBI Governor and leader + opposition leaders in Parliament. This will definitely hurt them in the long run.

Mc
  1st of Jan, 2008

Head of Personal Banking
ICICI Bank Limited
P.O Box No 10099
GPO, Mumbai -400 001

Sub: Recovery of Dues- Ref letter 12-07/264514 dated Dec 3 2007 loan Account NCDEL00011415599

Dear Sir,

Our Company Ranjit Nanda & Associates is a current account holder with the ICICI Bank in both Mumbai as well as in New Delhi.

Our Managing Director availed of a personal loan scheme to purchase a Samsung LCD and Surround Sound Theatre system through ICICI Bank. All Standard Chartered Bank, New Delhi, post dated cheques and other formalities were handed over to the Bank /your Bank Agent as per their requirements.

Over the past two months, our Managing Director Mr. Ranjit Nanda has been continuously harassed and hounded by your collection agents/representatives of ICICI bank on account of an apparent ‘bounced’ cheque. He has been traveling out of Delhi and has to respond to their rude calls on his mobile phone in different parts of the country, at most inconvenient times. This has obviously led to unnecessary and embarrassing situations for him.

In this regard, our office in New Delhi had requested your Bank to provide details of the bounced cheque, which they did not eventually provide. Finally, we undertook our own investigation in this matter and got details of all our payments through our payment Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, and found out that the reason for this outstanding was a result of ICICI not making a timely entry in their own records.

While this has been an error by ICICI bank, and mistakes do happen, the unfortunate part has been that your Bank staff behaved in a rude, obnoxious and totally unprofessional manner, especially when the fault entirely rested with ICICI Bank.

In all fairness, ICICI Bank should have at least checked our credit worthiness before going on this harassment and hounding ‘rampage’ till we had no option but to carry out our own investigation and point out the problem your Bank.

We hope that you take note of this experience and prevent the same from occurring again.

Yours faithfully,

M.C Nair
Ranjit Nanda & Associates Pvt.Ltd

Copy to : ICICI Bank Limited, New Delhi

Di
  17th of Jul, 2008

Even i faced the similar situation. If we failed to pay for some time, it does not mean that we are fraud... there could be some strong reason behind that. i was been sent to onsite for some assignment and it got extened for 6 months..meanwhile they called my home and used some vulgar language, actually the amout need to paid is arnd 22000, i dont know why they behave soo rude as if we donot pay the money at all

Vi
  2nd of Feb, 2009

ICICI collection agencies have no sense and they are very rude..they use to harras me for my brothers unpaid loan, which he use to pay regularly but due to his unemployment he was not able to for few months.i told them he is willing to pay that back but they said they will file a lawsuit against him and will drag my brother to court, i was really pissed about this and i told them they can do whatever they want to.Now i am going to file a lawsuit against them as they r harrasing me.

As
  27th of Oct, 2009

I had deposited a ICICI Bank check for UPSEB last month. I had enough money for the same(2357). But it got bounced. Now I have to pay a penalty of Rs 400.

Bibhuti

As
  10th of May, 2011

Dinesh Kumar Sharma astrodinesh@gmail.com
toICICI Bank Customer Care

dateFri, Apr 22, 2011 at 12:36 PM
subjectRe: 'ICICICARE=041-365-624' Very Serious Complaint
mailed-bygmail.com
Images from this sender are always displayed. Don't display from now on.
hide details Apr 22

I already sent this mail to you... read it carefully and please take some action against him...

Sir, this is Dinesh Sharma, I have no concern with ICICI by any mean but one guy Santosh Kumar Singh is calling me on the behalf of ICICI Bank and he is threatening me again and again by calling on my cell 9810000157. I mostly travel and few days ago I was on the Chandigarh highway he repeatedly rang me for more than 20 times and he is calling me again and again. I was in Jaipur too when he started the same and I was very disturb while on highway and after in business meeting. I am requesting to you people to stop him and I am not expecting any call in future from that guy. His Name is Santosh Kumar Singh and he was calling me from 9582808655. I am requesting to you guys to help me. I am expecting a call from you soon.
Regards,