Ice Cold Air / Negligent Mechanic

1 7901 W. Hills Borough AveTampa, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 813-901-9842

On 11/16/2010 I took my VW Passat into Ice Cold Air for a leak on the valve cover gasket. Not one minutes after i picked the car up did it start smoking, so I called the mechanic (Gary) and he assured me it was just excess oil burning off the motor and to not worry about it. So i continued driving for another minutes when I called him back to tell him it was smoking worse. Again Gary assured me it was fine and if there were still problems the next day to bring it in, because he was already leaving for the day. Not 2 minutes after that phone call did smoke start pouring into the interior of the car. I couldnt roll the windows down because I lost power windows, steering & brakes. I got the car off the road just as all power died. I jumped out of the car and the entire front end of the car erupted into flames.
The kicker is that they are saying they are not liable for the damages (its a total loss)!!!
I have taken this car to the Ice Cold Air on Westshore and never had issues. But because I recently moved to a different part of town I couldnt take it there. I brought it to the one on Hillsborough ave and they proved to be very negligent in their repairs.
I advise EVERYONE to stay as far away from Ice Cold Air as possible. They lie about the work they do, could care less about the concerns you bring up (especially while you are in the car) and obviously do shoddy work.

Db

Comments

• Ic
      26th of Feb, 2011

We are truly sorry that you had a problem at this Ice Cold Air location. We are committed to providing excellent Customer Service, and since 2001, we have provided a Toll- Free Customer Service Number, as a way for Customers to communicate directly with our Complaint Resolution Department. Most Customers that contact us directly end up satisfied. This Number is located on your Service Invoice, and is also Posted at every shop, in the Service Office. You can contact us from our Website: www.icecoldair.net .
    Again, we apologize for any inconvenience you have had, and we hope to meet or exceed your expectations in the future. Please let us know if we have not, so we can help make it right.