I.C. Systems / constant phone messages with no information re purpose of call. no prior notice of any debt being collected

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

Constant automated messages to my home phone requesting call back regarding a "business matter". Referral number is [protected]. When I call this number requesting information about the purpose of the call I am told I cannot be given this information unless I tell them my telephone number. When I ask why I would need to do this considering that they have called me and therefore must have my number I am told they cannot give out any information because of "privacy" requirements. I have no outstanding debts I know of and I have not received any correspondence about an unpaid debt. I am told the calls will continue to be made. This is harrassment and invasion of my privacy. What government agency or agencies can address my complaint?

Comments

• Pa
      14th of Feb, 2009

I would call them and give them your number. They may be calling for variety of reasons and probably call thousands of people a day. If you give them the number where they were trying to reach they will be able to give you more information. You never know it could be a wrong number and they can remove it for you if it is.

• Ha
      26th of Feb, 2009

I too have received calls from this agency but they don't leave a message. When I call them back, I do give them my phone number and am then told it must be a mistake because they don't have my number on record. When I told them they must have my number because they keep calling me, they tell me to make sure I get a reference number the next time. When the first person told me this, I told her they never leave a message so how am I supposed to get a reference number. She responded by saying in a very rude voice, "Eh, answer your phone?" I left a message on a voice mail this morning to a supposed supervisor telling him if they don't stop calling me I will report them to the State Attorny's Office. I asked him to call me back but he hasn't so far.

• Ih
      6th of May, 2010

I have been getting calls from IC Systems for months and as I screen my calls I usually don't pick up. Today I did, May 6th at 1:48 Eastern and got a message to "hold on, someone will be with you." The RUDE man kept asking for an April Harmon of whom I do not know. He confirmed the phone # and won't answer any questions' just kept asking if I knew an April Harmon. One more phone call and I also am going to register a complaint with the attorney General's office.

• Ju
      18th of Mar, 2011

I too have recevcied number of calls from this harrassing phone calls from this agency as well and the lady i spoke to was very nice i had a medical bill for my daughter and when i was done paying my bill with her i asked if i had anything else in there office for me she said that i have another bill for my other daughter i said ok and i asked her to send me a letter on that one because the last time they sent me a letter was back in 2008 we are in 2011 and i moved since then they tell me i have to request it in writing i told her that i did not receve the one letter they sent out and i did not foward my mail. Also the last time they sent out a letter they put it attachen to my daughter who at the time was only 2 years old I told her today that the law requires you to notify someone of the debt and if not then it is against the law she was rude and just told me to request another letter in writing i told her that if she wants to get paid to request that in writing. I am going to send them a letter requesting that they stop calling me unitl they provide a letter and only contact me by mail it is called a ceist and decist.