IberoStar / they have promised us lower prices on our next vacation and in reality their prices are much higher

1 Cancun, Mexico Review updated:

In April 7, 2016, they signed us up as members of the club, Iberostar the Club for $12250, promising us that we will save at least 25% on vacations and other purchases for 10 years. They said that $10000 (savings dollars) of the $12250 could be used towards our next vacation or other purchases. In reality, a vacation or other purchase would cost us more with the savings dollars, than without. For example, through the club (their website Trendsetter), a printer costs $650 and minus the savings dollars, $391. The exact same printer costs $278.99 on Bestbuy.com.
The Iberostar Hotel in Cancun through Iberostar the Club would cost us $12593 (Picture included below) with the savings dollars, however, without the club, the exact same hotel with the same dates costs $8089.20.
The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun costs $5065.20 minus $1500.00 resort credit, and at the club (RCI) the same hotel and dates costs $5761.06 minus my savings dollars (the money I paid to the club) $1036.00 resulting in a total of $4725.06. However, if I subtract the $1500 in savings that The Grand is offering, the total price would be $3565.20
Hotel Iberostar Paraiso Maya costs $8372 for 7 nights as a member and same hotel, date, and two rooms at cheapcaribbean.com costs $8360. From these examples, it is obvious that I am not getting a 25% discount in any way.

St
Mar 26, 2017

Comments

• Li
      19th of Aug, 2018

As we experienced some what the same. We signed up for a contract $10, 000. contract giving 2600. down then monthly payment. they told us it would be free next trip to them at Puerto Plata Costa dorado. Well sad but tru$6000 down the road dfficulty getting flight and transportation, ocean view room. the service they promise is not true. There is no difference in treatment for people coming of the road. need to know who do I email or mail my request to cancel. If you can give me information I would appreciate it.