Hyundai Television / manufacturing defect

I brought a hyundai television from a dealer by the name adhishwar electronis, bangalore, india, 6 months ago.the same day i installed the television and the television was having some electrical problem. I called up the dealer and informed abt the technical problem the same day. The dealer assured me that some technical person will be visiting to my home to rectify the problem. Next day nobody turned down, after that i used to call the dealer many times but he used to escape by giving some false promise. I collected the contact no of the hyundai service centre & i explained them the whole story. To my surprise till today nobody responded to my request.

Such a reputed company, how can they neglect the costumers request. Like this the company (hyundai) will be loosing costumers & will not be able to attract indian market.

A  12th of Mar, 2007 by
Hopeless company in the Indian market.
A  12th of Mar, 2007 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
HYUNDAI cannot do business in India. I too experienced the same. By fraudulent means they r trying to gain popularity in India / Bangalore.
A  10th of Sep, 2007 by
I had purchased a Hyundai Television 29" on 15th July 2007 and the delivery boys delivered it on 17th July 2007. I do not have a cable connection. The boys switched the TV on and showed me the blue screen and said it was fine. I was convinced. I did not switch the TV on for long as I had no cable and was waiting for a cable connection. One fine day I decided to just switch it on after two months which is on Saturday the 8th September, 2007 and was shocked to see that the Tv was not starting at all. It was making a strange vibrating noise and there was nothing happening otherwise. It was like a dead machine and sounded like an old scooter.

I had purchased this from Vijay Sales, Palm Beach Galleria, Vashi.

I have informed this to the manager Mr. Prakash yesterday, the 9th September 2007. He said that he will send me the company person to rectify the problem. I am waiting for it. I will keep you all posted on this.

Please beware of Hyundai.
N  12th of Sep, 2007 by

This is Eswar ,unvaluable customer for hyundai televissions,Where i took hyundai TV in the year of oct-05 from that date means almost all 2-years.In this 2-years this is the third time i got problem with the TV and when iam informing to the servicing they are taking 1-week time to rectify the problem saying that we are not having the spare parts.

I think when we are giving the waranty they are suppose to mantain the stock or else u should not give the waranty.

When a common man took a TV they are going to entertain by that particular item but my tv is kept as show case item.

This is not acceptable from a company like hyundai.Pls see that to solve my problem as earlier as possible.
N  20th of Sep, 2007 by
They have replaced my TV with a Videocon 29 inch Slim Trim Model as the technician said that the PCB is repaired (he took it for a day with him) but the TV tube is gone. Hence I got it replaced. Thanks to Mr. Prakash of Vijay Sales. I hope this one does not conk off.
A  23rd of Sep, 2007 by
Hi, We purchased Hyundai TV two years ago and having a problem with teh picture now. One Neutron India (authorized dealer) in Banaglore repaired it but the problem reoccured two weeks later and now Neutron India is not responding to our calls. Can anyone provide me any contact details of any service centre or contact person who can help in repairing our TV. we have spent so much on this TV and now it is not worth a penny for us. We are highly disappointed with a reputed company like Hyundai.
A  26th of Sep, 2007 by
Videocon Slim Trim 29 inch from Vijay Sales, Vashi, the one I got as a replacement to Hyundai 29 inch which conked off, is also having a minor problem already.

On the right hand corner below starts a Yellow Patch which extends upto the center of the right side screen. It is strange that before even the demo guy has come and shown us the features of the TV this has happened. We got the Videocon Slim Trim 29 inch on 16th september 2007.

I have complained to Videocon. Complaint No. MIV7I17089, spoke to one Bashir. Awaiting response.

Shall keep you all posted.
A  6th of Oct, 2007 by
I bought 29 inch Hyundai TV. It is not getting switched on and the dealer has dispaaeared and I cannot even locate the service center's name and telephone, as the telephone number mentioned in the service manual is not responding. This is totally in contrast with the car service!
A  9th of Nov, 2007 by
Absolutely right.. Hyundai should be thrown out Indian market..
They should be banned in India. And all the dealers should be seriously punished..
A  15th of Jan, 2008 by
I do have Hyundai TV 20 " & it does not work properly
A  19th of Feb, 2008 by
We bought Hyundai TV a year back,initially the TV had some problems with the volume and audio buttons. Recently there has been a new development, the TV make a loud sound and than for a few hours there's no volume at all. And yesterday similarly the sound went off, not only the sound but now the TV refuses to start up. Its been over a day, the TV still isnt wrkin, nobody is picking up the customer care number...
N  1st of Mar, 2008 by
hyundai is bigg hell ..... god help me ... i prom....
in life i neve.. buy any hyundai.. product...
N  9th of May, 2008 by
hyundai is a 3rd grade company in product and service.
N  9th of Jul, 2008 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
i had a hundai telivision.i purposefully use remote to child lock option and marked it on. but after going again and marking off the child lock also i am not able to use tuning function.when i press tuning function from menu it displays child lock on.but i have already made child lock off.i tried many times but failed.please help me.it seems it is manufactring defect in debuging the program...
A  25th of Jul, 2008 by
I too face poor service response from Hyundai.I brought a television two yrs ago.i face some problem in my television.i booked a call after a repeat request one person came and look into the television one important ic failiure in your board and its not available in the market.so he suggested to replace the mother board.i also tell ok pls do it .He told to rectify tomorrow with board and rectify it.Afterthat he didnt come and make it ready as of now.if i asked to his branch they told the board is not avaialble.So for my humble request to all pls dont go for this television and the service support is very poor.
A  17th of Sep, 2008 by
I bough a Hyundai TV just 40 days ago. I initially hesitated to buy it but then after assurance from the dealer that the product is good, I bought it. Its been just 40 days and the picture tube has gone already.

I was unluncky that I didn't find this site while trying to get feedback about Hyundai TV before buying it.
N  19th of Sep, 2008 by
i have a hyundai htp 4240, and my defect problem, i have is that when i switch the tv on it clicks then cuts out, then im trying to turn it on for upto 20 minutes then it will come on and stay on, then i'm able to turn it off and on like normal . then when i switch it off for some time it does the same thing where i have to keep turning it on and off to get it working again ..can anyone help me out

A  15th of Oct, 2008 by
my son got a hyundai ldc flat screen for christmas... that thing is worthless. it will not even come on now.. and it takes days to get it to turn on. never again will i buy a product from this company at all...for something so costly it should work more than a year or two..
N  1st of Jun, 2009 by
Hi All,
I bought a hyundai television 21'' from SPAR Koramangala, Bangalore, India, 6 months ago.Now No picture in TV and only sound and trying to contact local service people to the given number in Guarantee card, but in Bangalore number they have given a mobile number and no response from that number, now struggling to contact them..
If any body have the Bangalore service number for Hyundai TV please let me know
Thanks in Advance
A  7th of Jun, 2009 by
I too agree . I bought the television 2 years back and there was flickering on the screen after few months and it has not yet been corrected after calling them many times.

Hyundai Motor America Logo Hyundai Motor America