Hyundai Motors / displeasure over premature break down of engine and unreasonable repair charges
I N Venkata Ramana writing this letter to bring to your notice the agony suffered by me for getting my Car [No.AP9AZ3716] serviced at your Kun Hyundai Showroom. This car is my second car and I already owned a Car of the same model. Satisfied fully with the performance of my earlier car I bought the present car. While my earlier vehicle ran for 70,000Kms in 3years and I have spent less than Rs.10,000/- for its servicing and maintenance. The second car however ran for just 11,899Kms and started experiencing problems. I gave it for servicing at your Kun Hyundai Showroom. Your staff told me that there was an exhaust problem and replaced it. The charges for the same amounted to Rs.6341/-.
My points to be considered for appropriate action:
1) If the diagnosis of the car shows that the engine requires overhauling (confined by both the workshops)
• I believe this is the reason why exhaust got damaged and broken at less than 12,000Kms
• I believe there was a manufacturing problem lending to this and white smoke coming
2) Nobody identified in the last two years that there was a problem with the engine
• I fail to believe that present problems appear only immediately after warranty expired.
(All the two years the vehicles was serviced under Kun Hyundai’s supervision and guidance)
3) Incase there was a defect in manufacturing itself how come two different workshops of the company
• Give different quotes for its same repairs?
• How come they offered to give a huge discount of Rs.7,500/-?
The above situations make me feel that I have been taken for a ride. It is misleading of the management to harass the customers by charging them for no fault of theirs. I am in fact advising people not to buy a Hyundai Car lest they also suffer a similar plight.
4) I have expressed my agony to you and in good faith. I would expect the company to rectify their approach towards the customers
• I also expect the company to reimburse my expenses.
• If what I believe is true that and if the company agrees that it was a manufacturing defect then replace the engine with no cost to me.
I expect a prompt response from the management in this regard. Otherwise I shall be constrained to draw the attention of other forums towards this matter.
On the same day I received a call from your showroom asking whether the car in warranty. When I replied in the negative, I was told there was white smoking coming from the car and the car needs to undergo overhauling. For this they informed that the charges would be Rs.45,000/- On further talks with your staff, I was given a concession of Rs.7,500/- only.
Utterly dissatisfied with the service, I have taken car from Kun Hyundai workshop and gave it for servicing and repairing at Talwar Hyundai [where my earlier car also was serviced] the whole check up and repairs costed only Rs.14,772/- only.
A satisfying experience with the performance of my first car made me confident that I would not need a 3year extended warranty. Would this faith in Hyundai amount to negligence? I wonder if I was sold a car with manufacturing defects as my exhaust revealed a problem at such an early stage. Also the moment your staff came to know my car was not in warranty, they quoted me a hefty sum of Rs.45,000/- and again when I put some pressure they reduced it by Rs.7,500/-. I suspect a foul play in this. Shelling out [6,341+45,000] for a car that ran for just 11,900Kms is ridiculous. Its more than a month & half since this episode and I have not experienced any further problem for the car so far. I gave sufficient time in case further problems developed with the car.
More Hyundai Motors Complaints & Reviews
- Hyundai - hyundai customer services, in south africa 
- Hyundai Motor Finance Company - unsolicited phone calls 
- Hyundai Television - manufacturing defect 
- Hyundai Santro Xing - crankshaft of my santro xing 2004 model is defective! 
- Hyundai Motor Copany / Neal And Massy Trinidad And Tobago - defective vehicle
- Hyundai Motor America - 2011 hyundai sonata
- Hyundai Motor America - extremely disappointed
- Hyundai Motor America - worst mistake of my life!
- Hyundai Motor America - 2017 hyundai santa fe se
- Hyundai Pinetown - pathetic service