Husqvarna / lawn tractor faulty, terrible customer service

1 New Zealand

We brought the Husqvarna LTH2142DR lawn tractor which is an all around terrible product. I emailed Husqvarna NZ as I really just wanted them to recognize what a bad product this is, and the really bad time we've had with it. Instead the after sales & technical support team leader while said he was sorry to hear of the problem, tried to pawn it off as not being a 'Husqvarna' problem but a 'Briggs and Stratton' problem.
I was very dissapointed with his reply as we did not buy a Briggs and Stratton lawn mower, we brought a Husqverna lawn mower, and to brush it off as not being their problem to deal with is such bad customer service and after support.
Shame on you for not standing by your products Husqvarna.

------------------- Original Message -------------------
From: [protected]@hotmail.com
Received: Thu Sep 27 2018 10:25:07 GMT+1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)
To: ; customer.service; customer.service; customer.service; customer.service; NZ Customer Service; NZ Customer Service
Subject: LTH2142DR lawn tractor

To Whom It May Concern,

My partner and I as a young couple brought or first house in 2011. It is a house on a 1 acre section. We didn't have much money but wanted to start off the right way so we got many reviews and opinions from friends and decided that Husqvarna was a good, reputable brand and would be the way to go. So in 2012, we went to the Husqvarna dealer in Taupo and they advised us that the LTH2142DR lawn tractor would be not the cheapest but the most suitable for our section so we purchased it.

Since then we have had nothing but trouble with it, it`s a terrible product which we have been informed that there have been a few known issues with that particular model.

Because money is hard to come by, the $5000 we spent was a huge investment for us, we have looked after this mower very well, we take care of it, it lives inside and gets a regular service.

From the very start we have had wiring issues where the mower power kept cutting out, and a blown head gasket. Since then, the battery stopped charging after about two years we have had three more blown gaskets, broken brackets, the mower has never cut evenly, it likes to throw belts and just this week, with no warning, the motor has completely seized, so after six years of nothing but problems our mower is now a throw away as we cant justify spending any more money on it.

I would like to repeat incase it is assumed we are rough with it, we have always taken care of the mower and treat it well, we take it slow and if the grass is longish, it gets cut with the deck right up, then gets a go over.

As the mower has now died, I wanted to send this email to share our constantly, really bad experience with this model of lawn tractor. I would have expected that with looking after, its life expectancy would be far more than six years, this is extremely disappointing and from our experience I certainly have nothing good to say about the Husqvarna brand.

Sincerely
Doreen Pearce

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

FW: LTH2142DR lawn tractor CRM:0504855
Richard Cuthbert
Wed 3/10, 4:10 p.m.
You
HI Doreen

Sorry to hear about the trouble you have had with your mower.

The mower had a two year warranty when it was purchased . The engine had a 2 year warranty with Briggs and Stratton.

Unfortunately the issues you have had relate to the Briggs and Stratton engine e.g. the head gaskets and the charging issues.

Do you Know what is wrong with the engine at this stage ? Have you had it checked ?

At this stage as the mower is 4 years out of warranty we can't assist you .

Regards,