Humana Health Insurance / poor customer service

Louisville, KY, United States Review updated:

The Humana health care corporation offers very poor customer service, They keep you on hold over and over. Sometimes as long as 30 to 45 minutes at a time. I signed up for a medigap insurance plan through them and was repeatedly given incorrect information and misled as to what they covered. They are way over priced for the poor service they offer. If you are looking for health coverage Humana is the last company I would choose after the nightmare of dealing with them.

Humana Health Insurance

• Updated by rogerdb, Dec 21, 2016

I agree. Humana is the worst provider I ever dealt with. My experience with them proved they have no idea what they are doing when it comes to running their company and what is worse is that the only thing Humana cares about is money. I wouldn't recommend Humana to anyone. They have always had a bad reputation and the only thing that keeps them in business is through their propoganda advertising campaign which is another reason they are as high priced as they are.

Ro
Jan 27, 2015

Comments

• Wf
      21st of Dec, 2016

on 12-21-16 I called because my parents got a letter stating that my mothers payment was not received. My father makes the payment for himself and my mother every month. So I called to straighten it out, and the agent we got put my parents on the phone when I am authorized to be on their account. He was nasty...he wouldn't give me his last name...his first name was Daniel S. don't know if he gave me the right info on his name. But he did give me a ref# 1000014373810. I told him after he made my parents get on the phone and answer questions that they have no idea about. He told me that I am only authorized to listen to information. I was so angry. You record everything so go back and listen to it. fathers id# H57350201 mothers id# H40612843...I am Dianne (their daughter)...I am on the account...He made both of my parents very upset. This is a disgrace that one of your customer support people does not know what the rules are for caregivers.