Hughesnet / too expensive

1 Reedville, VA, United States Review updated:

I cannot believe that I pay over $90/month and cannot even watch a ballgame on Hughesnet. I loose service in the third inning. I called customer service and got a woman in INDIA who did not have a clue what I was talking about. I finally got a manager who explained that I had exceeded the download limit. I ONLY use Hughesnet on week ends when I have much business to perform. Obviously, I got no work done. I had to drive to the public library twenty minutes away, sit in their parking lot, and work. So, I pay about $100/month for a couple hours a week!!! I too did not know about the limits on the account when I signed up. One of my students tipped me off, so I knew that the lady in tech support was WAY off base when she wanted to check my modem. I spent HOURS three years ago with Microsoft tech support from India and knew what a waste of time that would be.

Ly

Comments

• Je
      19th of Sep, 2010

It is your own fault when you go over the download limit. However Hughesnet does *offer* the option of paying an extra $10 to $12 to free it up again. Also if you do all of your *major* downloading between the hours of 2am and 7am it's free and does not effect the limit.