Hughesnet / irresponsible and worst company I have ever dealt with

While doing a credit check on myself I noticed Hughnet had ran my credit. I called Hughesnet and found out that not only did they run my credit but there was an account in my name from an address I had previously owned. I explained that I never subscribed to there service but because I knew the address it showed that I was responsible. They send me notices and bills for equipment that was leased and the cancellation fee and the service charges. They told me that the only way to settle this was a police report claiming identity theft. After 5 phone calls and a dozen supervisors I got them to drop everything because work order when the equipment was dropped off was signed by someone with a different name than mine. I asked them over and over again to explain to me how an account was able to be created in my name and they did nothing to verify the information. They told me they don't use socials for the security of customers 9seemed to backfire here, huh!)

The customer service reps were rude, arrogant, unwilling to help beyond what their little script says, they talked down to me, questioned me endlessly about who I was and the account info and flat out called me a liar who was trying to get out of paying a bill. I encourage anyone who is or is thinking of dealing with Hughsnet to look elsewhere. Hughsnet is without a doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Ma

Comments

• Pi
      25th of Feb, 2010

AMEN!!!

• Je
      14th of Dec, 2010

PUT YOUR COMMENTS ON THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. THE MORE COMPLAINTS THE MORE THEY WILL HAVE TO GET SOME INTRIGITY, AND FIX THERE CRUDDY SERVICE.