Having problems with Hulu?

Hulu Customer Service Contacts

2500 Broadway, 2nd Floor
Santa Monica, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Hulu Customer Service. Initial Hulu complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Hulu above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Hulu. Discuss the issues you have had with Hulu and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

HuluHulu streaming

Hello Hulu,

1. Everytime I login to hulu for 'customer service' I an error - "...single sign on..." That in itself is extremely frustrating. I don't have login issues accessing my account. It's ONLY when I tru to contact customer service.

Hulu doesn't even want us to complain!!! This has been more frustrating than the actually issue.

2. The real bug:
While streaming, all episodes start, not at the beginning but 3/4ths way through. I have to manually stop every episode and force it to start from time 0.

Huluunauthorized account changes

On Fri, Dec 11, 9:59 PM, I received an email that my account information was changed. Someone logged into my account and changed my email address and password and then added additional charges to my account.

I called Hulu within 30 minutes to resolve the issue. It was escalated to a "Resolution Specialist" named Bernard who relayed to the woman I was speaking with that I must have given out my login and password out to someone. Rather than change my account back to the promotion I set up less than a month ago, I would need to pay more for the rest of the year. Late in the evening and disgusted with being accused of intentionally doing this, I asked to just cancel my account.

Called again the next morning and more of the same. This time asked to speak directly to the Resolution Specialist. This time Meghan informed me that it was my fault that the account was compromised and that I was seeking compensation by asking that they put my account back to how it was before someone else logged in and changed it.

Never in my 45 years have I been treated this way by customer service. I don't want money. I just want my account put back to what I signed up for before someone else logged into my account without my knowledge or consent. Instead, the Resolution Specialists treat you like a scammer.

HuluBlack friday deal reneged

Hulu.com offers a Black Friday Deal every year during Thanksgiving weekend. The offer is available to anyone who has not had an active subscription for the past 3 months. The payment went through at the regular charge. After chatting with Hulu chat support for over an hour, they have refunded the charge and closed my account. Since the account was reactivated, I am no longer eligible for the Black Friday Offer. There are other customers who have had inactive accounts who are also being charged at the regular rate and are being denied the Hulu 2020 Black Friday Deal.

It would take nothing to fix the monthly charge to the Black Friday. Instead, my account is now closed!

HuluLive bundle

I am very unhappy with hulu's decision to increase their rates by 10 dollars a month. The main reason I choose hulu live bundle was that they seem to care about their customers and programming. Now I see it is all about getting people to join then increasing rates. I got rid of my local cable because of the constant rate increases now I see hulu is just as horrible in price as cable. I will cancel the full subscription if this continues.

HuluContinued outrageous advertising

We watched Homeland this evening. It was ridiculous to be made to watch the political ad against Abigail Spamberger.
          To equate her as a terrorist because she was a substitute teacher at an Islamic school is preposterous. The ad is very offensive and to be made to watch it over and over is maddening!
          I just think you would have some ethics before accepting such ads

HuluThe service crashes

Live TV viewing freezes, crashes, and kicks me out. Sound is out of sync with video. This has been occurring regularly now for the past few months. Considering switching to another streaming service if issues cannot be resolved. My internet service is Verizon High Speed FIOS and I'm not experiencing any other issues with any of my other streaming subscriptions.

• Gr
                Grandmaw5 Sep 25, 2020

We are having the same problem and it kicks us to the next episode before we are finished with the show we are watching. It is very annoying. Is there anyway to stop this problem.

Sep 10, 2020

Hulu — The removal of a very teachable episode of an iconic show

Hulu wrongfully removed an episode of the iconic show the Golden Girls. The episode was called "Mixed...

Aug 29, 2020

Hulu — App is not responding

I have been in a chat for almost 4 hours without any resolution to my issue. My chats have been disconnected...

HuluUnauthorized subscription upgrade

I recently purchased the 11.99 subscription, never authorized any additional upgrades. Was charged over $60 for upgraded service even though I never authorize them. Called and tried to get the money refunded, was told that was not possible since I had watched a news channel by mistake. Customer representative was nice but I am very upset that I had to spend $60 that I never authorized. I will likely cancel my service with Hulu which is a shame

HuluSubscription

I've had a hulu account for years that's just the regular service without ads, $11.99/month and all of the sudden they keep trying to charge me for hulu+live, it's $52.99 a month and i've never signed up for a trial or anything and twice in the past month it's tried to charge me for this service. Customer service won't do anything to remove the charges, it's infuriating. I've paid 79.99 for a service i've never used and that's on top of my regular monthly charges! Of all of the streaming services I pay for I probably watch hulu the least smh

May 29, 2020

Hulu — Billing

Hello, I have tried every which way I know to fix this as well as recieve any support from you. You had me...

HuluAdvertising for hulu is too loud

Every hulu ad is so loud I must keep the volume control in my hand. It clearly abuses the federal guidelines for volume. Please correct immediately or I will go to another service. If the commercial is linked to other commercials those ads are also too loud. I do not appreciate actors and cartoons yelling at me and that is what these commercials do.

HuluHulu streaming service

So we run on a newer vizio, its updated, yet hulu still pauses and sometimes doesnt even stream. We pay our bill each month for this so why is this issue happening? The stream freezes, gets "unclear" or generally doesnt work. Our internet speeds are fine and it streams thru the switch or playstation just fine. This is rediculous we shouldnt have these issues which we pay for.

HuluHulu interface

We use Hulu everyday. It's our go to place for all our favourite shows. But the interface is difficult. it shouldn't be this difficult to search or look for our shows. If it was simpler it would be better to use.

The fact that we have to scroll through shows we don't even watch to click on the show we want... it just doesn't make sense. I remember when Hulu was easier and perfect.

HuluSeries

I like watch anime on hulu but there is a problem . For some anime hulu stops the dubbed in the middle of the series and l don't like how that. Because I was rewatching naruto supputian and it has a total of 500 episodes but hulu only has 141 dubbed episode meaning I have to watch the rest on subbed which I don't want to do . And that why I might stop my hulu account

Series

Aug 13, 2019

Hulu — Hulu

I have two separate complaints both involving my children. The commercials my children watch when viewing...

Huluhulu live

The ads are too frequent and excessively long. There are so many ads that the next program starts before I have ever even seen the ending of the program I am watching. This may be what prompts me to drop Hulu Live. I want to see the ending of the show. I have yet to see the ending of any program. Apparently you can not shut off Autoplay on Hulu Live either, it goes on to the next scheduled program whether the show you are watching has fully ended, To me, it's POINTLESS to even watch it if you can't see how it ends. I otherwise love Hulu and likely will ditch Hulu Live.

Huluoffensive and medical commercials

Sexually explicit commercials, to increases sales of medicines and treatments, such as the one for Peyronie's Disease, and the Dexcom G6, both of which occur at least once during every movie or episode watched, every day. We don't mind car commercials, computer commercials, or even rap/hip-hop commercials, but the sexually explicit and health related one, especially when they do not apply to the family, are beyond annoying. When it's sexual, it's offensive.

Hululast update

The last update has caused major issues I noticed all the issues started around July 17th 2019. It took a call back from Hulus escalation team for me to find out they updated the software
                              The menu is displaying the recent channels when it is on all channels. Often I have to move up to the top menu to get back to the right location
                              When you are at the bottom of the menu you have to flip all the way down to get back where you were.
                              The menu is often wrong at the beginning of the hour showing you the last show and the one that will be on later.
                              When it is the top of the hour the menu pauses and reloads on every station making it painful to use it.
                              If I browse to movies start watching a movie then have to continue later the movie is not in the list. It is not in keep watching you have to dive deep to find it again
                              Half the time when browsing the all channel menu it changes to recently viewed so you have to start all over again
                              sometimes the advertisements restart over and over then hulu exits or gets locked up
                              if you are watching a show that you restarted from the beginning and the show is over live if anything happens you will lose the ability to keep watching
                              if the dvr has an error the only way to start over is to call in so they can do it
                              The recent channels often does not list the last channel you tuned into if the channel was on an advertisement
                              The limited commercials feature is false advertising it only pertains to 3 shows not all of them.

The community is useless since Hulu never looks at it
                              The chat is useless since they keep wanting you to reboot and reinstall
                              The phone contact usually requires a call back from the escalation team to get someone that knows what they are doing
                              If they credit your account they change your billing date. No other business does this.

Apr 29, 2019

Hulu — hulu’s live tv

Shows keep freezing up and not loading. Everyday I have trouble getting Hulu to load and stream without...

Anahuac