Menu
Home Internet Services Hughes Network Systems Want to sue
P
Author of the complaint
9:40 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I just wanted to let everyone know that after my own problems with hughes net and reading complaints on this site and others I am trying to contact lawyers about starting a class action lawsuit. I too have had issues with hughes net. First of free installation isnt free. They dont tell you that if it wont mount on your roof you are going to be out over 100 bucks. Then I just found out tonight that when I signed the paper for the installer that he said was just verifing that he did his job that I magically signed a 2 year contract. I purchased the equipment. In what company do you have to sign a contract if you purchase the equipment. Ever night we have to reset the router. There are days that we dont turn the computer on at all and come home to find we are over their fair access policy threshold. Tell me how does that happen. I mean come on. Now if i want to cancel I have to pay 400 dollars or take down the equipment myself and send it back to them at my expense and maybe they might credit my account $200.00. Thats what I find funny if i PURCHASED the equipment why do I have to send it back.
If I get any further information about my lawsuit I will let everyone know. Everyone needs to speak out about this. Trust me Im not one who believes in suing someone but this has gotten out of control. Especially since they have been sued a couple of times before.

Helpful? 3 0
87 comments

Please let me know i want to sue also.

Apr 18, 2022 9:40 am

I only have had Hughes net 2 months, they quoted $69 but my 1rst bill was $90, I called their customer service number and spoke with a representative, he said I was being charged for a phone service call and a virus protector I already had one and I haven't had a home phone for over 10yrs. The technician said he'll fix it and Cancel those additions. He said I would only owe $53 dollars for the next 3 months. This month which is my second, They drafted $222 from my bank account. I stayed on the phone over an hour, the representative was stalling then I was suppose to have been transferred to bill manager. She agreed to adjust the payment. I refused b/c they didn't do that last time.Then some more waiting , some how their phone hung up. I immediately called my bank and put a stop payment for next time. I was very hesitant to use Hughes net.I had them before and the internet was always buffering. They sent flyers out about Hughesgen5 was an improvement. I wanted internet through Dish, dish told me their internet was through hughesgen5 because I live in the country, I was assured by dish representative that it only slowes a little when the data is reached. I agreed to it because of that. The internet service is horrible but I was going to hang in there because of their cancel fee. Anyone who is disabled or senior citizens beware, this company is a scam, they say one thing to hurry up and get you off the phone then don't follow through, and they sign you up for additional services without your approval.

E
Mar 13, 2022 9:40 am

I would happily jump in on a class action suit. Finally reached the end of my 2 year contract with speeds that make me miss the dial-up days. Cancel my service, only for them to keep charging my card the monthly rate, reopen my account without authorization and charge me re-connecting fees. Lie after lie after lie claiming they're refunding charges and the fraudulent fees just keep coming. You're either on hold or they hang up on you. Next step is disputing it all with my bank. Its complete madness!

Feb 26, 2022 9:40 am

Hugh's Net keeps helping themselves to my bank account everytime I turn around they are taking money out hundreds of dollars in the last couple of months WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION when I call they tell me that it's justified

Hugh's Net isn't in my name it's in my boyfriends name but because I paid once on the bill once they just go ahead and help themselves his plan is the 87$ plan but they take what they want truthfully I think this guy I talk to is helping himself to my money they were really nice at first the 80$ something plan wont even let you watch Netflix more then 2 days without more money this is the most crooked place I've ever had to deal with I don't even watch TV anymore I have no computer but they money keeps coming out Elko NV

T
Mar 31, 2022 9:40 am

I too have been lied to about Hughes nets service. Canceled after day 2 and now they want nearly 600$. False advertising for sure. I'm in SC but if anyone starts a class action I would join in.

0 0

Let me know if you figure out how to get it going and I will jump on board. I sold my house and it doesn’t seem right they can charge a cancellation fee.

Dec 06, 2021 9:40 am

I too am a victim of their lies and deceit. I cannot stream anything, and I haven't been on my internet at all this term and it says that I have only 22% left. They are complete scam artists. They told me I could stream Netflix, no problem, . But the reality is that if I watch 2 half hour shows (if it makes the through them), my usage is down 20%. The FCC needs to step in, as this business is nothing but a giant scam.

Sep 27, 2021 9:40 am

Hello Barbara,
My name is Michael and I managed to sue HughesNet using a site called FairShake.com. You submit a complaint and give them details and they submit it to HughesNet. Of course it wasn’t free but they helped me. Keep in mind that if HughesNet does decide to settle, which they did with me, this is when you will have to pay FairShakes fee. I believe it is 20% of the settlement, so what I did is sued them for over the amount that they owed me for a service which I was unable to use that way I could recoup what I paid to FairShake. I hope this helps. I just went through this in August of 2021 and I thought I had seen the last of them but HughesNet has struck again and charged my bank account over $200 at the beginning of September. I tried to file another claim through FairShake but they told me that I would have to wait 60 days from the time of the last claim. Anyhow good luck!

0 1
Sep 20, 2021 9:40 am

I am on the phone with these crooks every other month.. We are direct pay, our lives are busy a=so unfortunately we did not scrutinize our credit card statement used for all direct billing. Never verbalized or signed a contract for both units. We caught them jacking the one account from $35.00 and one payment of $60.00. Next 7 mths. $74.00 a month. Caught it 6 mths. later.. I am done they are breaking aloaw saying we explained about a 1 year contract, , Did not. The service we get is terrible, can not watch movies and as far as internet what a joke.
Last year they screwed up with all the kids at home they gave free service to. Slowed us down were we had nothing. Our entire town was so upset. Please include me in suit

L
Jul 27, 2020 9:40 am

I have the worst service I’ve ever had by Hughes net. My Internet service has not really worked since the month after I got it. I have been paying for 20 months and never able to get actual service from Hughes net Internet. I was set up to automatically pay and have been doing so for about 20 months with no or very small usage so small that you can’t even open an Internet website using Hughes net. I’ve tried to call or chat on numerous times with long long waiting times and long chats that never amounted to any resolution. They were not willing to credit my account for the service months that I did not receive any service since the Internet service really doesn’t work for me I’ve had to had a second Internet service and use my mobile hotspots to actually have Internet service. I recently got so fed up with trying to spend hours contacting Hughes net that I disputed my credit card charges and finally got a response from Hughes net wanting money. I called and talk to a manager who refunded one month of service after an hour of discussing my situation. They finally canceled my service but charged me $115 early termination fee and would not credit any of the months where I had no service which was the Majority of the time I had Hughes net if you’re talking about having their dish on top of your roof and a hole in your house and no service. I asked to talk to the managers boss and I have yet had a phone call or any kind of response from this company. It’s really hard when you would have to pay a lot of money to sue this company so I think we should do a Group class act lawsuit. I have much data to prove that I’ve never had service yet continually been billed and continuous calls and chats with no adequate response and just threats of cancellation fees and fees to remove their equipment.

Jun 03, 2020 9:40 am

I would love to get in to a lawsuit with those crooks. Not only is the service horrible, but just try to get a customer service person for anything other then to order new service. Impossible... you sit and wait while the recording goes through its bull and when its time to connect you, no one picks up and you get recycled to the beginning of the message!..I had to complain to the FCC before I got any level of service and then they want to give you data tokens to help out with the fact that you've been throttled back from a never available 25 mb to maybe .4 mb. I have never been able to stream anything. I was so angry (I'm a Song Writer) that I wrote a song about it. https://www.reverbnation.com/barrymusic/song/31089703-throttled-back-mix2 But the story does not end there...NOOOOO . After I was allowed to cancel they were supposed to send me boxes to return their crap equipment. Boxes never arrived... I must have called for two months ... never being connected with anyone who had the power to actually write up another pick up tab. It is now 6 months later and I was contacted by a collection firm (Joseph, Mann, & Creed)who wants me to pay them $327.75 ! I am beyond angry! Someone help!

Dec 18, 2019 9:40 am

I am absolutely in on this law suit. I think something has to be done! I think HughesNet ought to be band from being a provider. How can so many people be unhappy and yet this company continues to do business in the U.S.A? How is this possible? We have to help prevent others from being suckered, robbed, frustrated and duped by this company.

Dec 11, 2019 9:40 am

I have no access to any other type of internet service in my location in Upstate NY and I could prove that they are committing fraud to my usage of data. Have performed similar task on my satellite as well as my cell phone service hotspot but somehow each time the Hughesnet says i use 10x more data. I want to join any lawsuit that set this company straight. I am handcuffed to used their service and they are taking advantage of it.
Justin NY

Y
Jul 23, 2019 9:40 am

I have had nothing but poor service from Hughes net since the install after initial complaints within the 30 day window to get a refund service improved by moving me to another satellite. Fast forward another 4 months and service is miserable every evening around 7:00 pm until some time the next day internet access is down and then often intermittent with error "no gateway found" or some other error than essentially means the network is overloaded. If there is a class action lawsuit or some other means to void the contract and get a refund without paying the huge penalty for early termination with a refund for equipment purchase let me know. I will join such a lawsuit just post the signup sheet with the details for the suit.

Apr 12, 2019 9:40 am

Update to my post shown above:

I had contacted the BBB, my congressman, my local state representative and the FTC.

The BBB came through for me. There is a person there who deals only with Hughesnet complaints. Once the cancellation offer was made, I had to call Hughesnet and speak to one of their reps.

Hughes agreed to let me out of my contract without an early termination fee. I had been a customer for less than 3 months. My issues were the same as all of yours. There was one huge surprise, though. In their lengthly written response to my complaint, they offered to upgrade me to the 20G plan. I told the rep that the 20G plan was what I had signed up for and had been paying for all along! There was a long stretch of dead silence on the other end of the line. I was getting 10G service and paying for 20G.

I canceled on April 3, today is April 12 and I am still waiting for the postage paid box that they said they would send me so that I could return the modem, cord and radio transmitter off of the dish. I am keeping the BBB updated.

Hughes also sent me a survey to fill out and I will not do so until this mess is completely and totally resolved.

Good luck, everyone.

Jul 10, 2019 9:40 am

@Alwayshot
Thank you for giving me hope! This issue with HughsNet has been keeping me up at night. We have had it for less than a month and have had trouble from the start. Every time I call Tech Support the call me a liar and claim that I have great service. I can’t even make a phone call or browse the internet without issues. I would also love the contact number at the BBB. Thank you!

Sincerely,

ACM

May 09, 2019 9:40 am

Hi, Can you please give the contact information for who you spoke with at the BBB and what you said to Hughesnet for them to let you out early with no termination fees AND paid shipping box?!
I will follow exactly in your footsteps!

H
Jan 23, 2019 9:40 am

Absolutely agree would love to sue them count me in we finished a 2 year contract and went to cancel but because we moved in the middle of the contract and had it transferred they claim we started a new agreement even though we have records that say other wise

N
Dec 14, 2018 9:40 am

Im in! They are the worst service I have ever had. Then when you cancel early instead of mailing you a bill with in 30 days they automatically debt your bank account for the 355.00. Especially of you wee planning on the new internet service said they would pay for it. They Lie and they Deceive their customers. The guy from Direct TV said he could check how fast the speed was on the line and it was at 2.5. Less than they promised at 3. They are a very crooked company and I would gladly join in on a Global Law Suit, Count me in.
Nancy A [email protected]

Dec 07, 2018 9:40 am

HughesNet is ruining my life. I work from home and explained the technical specs I needed to be able to do so to HughesNet. Was told I would have no problems. All I have are problems. I have to work twice as long to make half as much money as I made before. I am currently paying $200 a month for this terrible service. I have to leave my house to work. I had to take a second job. I can't even watch Netflix without it buffering every half hour. I have called close to 50 times and nothing has been accomplished. I am actually moving because of HughesNet.

Dec 07, 2018 9:40 am

I had Hughesnet after one year ONE year I sent very thing back that I could remove my self. I was told that it was a one year contract. behold now I have there hard collection calling telling me it was a two year contract. I told them That I called and cancelled my service after One Year and Hughesnet sent me a bill for 17 dollars and some change. I paid it now I am being hounded by there collection service. asking me if I received a letter and has any one offered me a settlement offer I said know and why. I paid my bill then they inform me that I owe them for two year contract. I said NO and she got very aggressive. what a strong arm tactic they use. they need to be held accountable for their actions. Gilbert Bailey

Nov 30, 2018 9:40 am

I'm another Hughesnet victim, What a bunch of lies I was told by two different sales people when I told them I was disabled and was on the internet all day long and they told me after I used the 10 I wouldn't even notice the difference one said they have it and never know when it drops so I ordered it well after the thirty days when you cant drop the service without paying the early disconnect fee it dropped so slow I couldn't hardly use it at all after three days and im not paying 72.00 a month for three days of internet I told them I was low income on ssd and could not afford to pay any more, im waiting for a class action lawsuit I seen there has been a few in the past.

Nov 02, 2018 9:40 am

I have found dozens and dozens of similar reviews various sites including BBB and scam reports, it's sad that this company is allowed to get away with this practice. My service is throttled between 5pm and 10pm during this time every night its impossible to even log on to the internet. After calling their CS department they want to charge me $150 to send someone out to fix their equipment issues. I now have a company that has installed a monitoring device that logs the speed of their service 24/7 and the results so far are disgusting with many time the speed is about half that of dial up. I am looking forward to a class action that i can join to once and for all make Hughesnet answer for their terrible service and deceitful marketing practices.

Nov 02, 2018 9:40 am

My Hughesnet nightmare, I used there service because there where no internet where I lived. there service was off more than on the last time they where off for 48 hours there fault. They say reliable fast internet They broke there own contract when they where down for 48 hours. I lost money from work so I cancelled they breached there own contract unreliable. So the place I was renting at the time sold so I took my modem and cords with me I did not know you had to take the LNB off the dish to because when we had it installed there was already and LNB on the Hughesnet Dish. Besides that I did not have an ladder to climb up and retrieve the LNB off the dish. So the day I cancelled my service with Hughesnet they sent me to an hard collection service without letting me pay my 17.65 Bill. The collection service said I owed hughesnet 589.60 for unreturned equipment and breach of contract. I sent off the modem and cords. Sense they supply a service and come install there equipment they should come and retrieve it when you are threw with there service. Also the Hard collection service did not even send out an letter I went online to pay my last bill on hughesnet and it said my account was closed and in collection I was only 10 days late on my payment. there should be laws put in place to combat there actions. Gilbert Bailey

Oct 25, 2018 9:40 am

Hughes net installed their dish and wired it through the side of my house through the garage wrapped it around my furnace and the modem is in my laundry room I have tried to call numerous times to cancel they keep hanging up on me I have had the service for five days I can’t get any work done because of their slow Internet service even if I sit in the laundry room to try and work this is been an absolute nightmare.

R
Oct 12, 2018 9:40 am

I signed up with HughesNet with a sister co. I was told I could get internet & phone for $80 monthly. I agreed with these terms but the first bill was $107.48. I called to complain, I was told I could not have the services promised for $80 monthly. When I wanted to cancel, I was told it would cost me $500 to get out of the contract. Why can HughesNet enter into breech of contract with consumers and get away with it? When I try to cancel services not being provided it costs me $500? How are my rights being protected?

Only in America can an organization enter into breech of contract and get away with it. When the consumer fights for what’s right and try’s to cancel it costs $500 to break the contract for services Not being provided.

HughesNet you should be ashamed using predatory practices. Count me in on the class action suit.

Rosanne M. Navarrete

Sep 27, 2018 9:40 am

Hughesnet is absolutely the worst internet company I have dealt with. Their service is erratic and at times slower than dial up. When it rains service goes out and lately between the hours of 5pm-10pm i am unable to connect to the internet even in good weather. Either their service is oversold in this Maine location or they are actively throttling bandwidth. I would love to be part of a class action lawsuit if one gets going!

O
Sep 19, 2018 9:40 am

I will join a lawsuit. How will this get organized?

T
Aug 29, 2018 9:40 am

They're sales reps are liars, the company as a whole are liars. The rep lied about the service I would receive also about the pricing. Long story short they assured me my bill would be $80 per month and low and behold my account was overdrafted...they charged me well over $110...they lied about promotions...there were continuous hidden fees and they never sent a contract as far as letting me know theyre cancellation fees or any other fees..theyre breaching the contract but want me to pay for their lying b.s. they said that I was lying about what the rep told me and that they will take her lying tongue as the gospel...but when confronted about going in to listen to the recorded phone call no one could séemed to agree to that but upheld their lying, silver tongued rep instead .also Im still pissed about the hard credit pull...which they also lie about that too...its cable not a loan...I am with anyone who wants to sue these liars!

Oct 12, 2018 9:40 am

I record all calls to Huhesnet or any other company i have issues with as allowed by FCC rules and Maine law

R
Oct 12, 2018 9:40 am

They told me the same pack of lies

Aug 13, 2018 9:40 am

Yes, sue, sue, sue! They are horrible. They slow us down on the first day of our new cycle for overuse! We can't get any other service where I was living. Captive audience. I am moving and just found out it will cost $570 to shut my service off! Lets get together here!
Cyn

Aug 08, 2018 9:40 am

We just built a new house and were told that we couldn't get cable or AT&T internet service. Direct TV said we could get Viastat 45mbs so I agreed. Then on install day, Hughesnet showed up and gave us 25mbs (that's actually more like 2mbs). A week later I found out that we could get AT&T, they just didn't have our address in their system. So we finally got it 4 weeks later. Now I just called Hughesnet to cancel and they said I had a 24 mo agreement so it would cost me over $300. I asked for them to show me where I agreed to 24 mos and they said it was verbal over the phone. I agreed to 12 mos over the phone so I asked to hear the recording and they said they can't do that because it is confidential! How is a recording of my voice confidential to the point that I can't hear it?! He then told me that I wasn't obligated to pay the cancellation fee but it may or may not go to collections and affect my credit. Later in the conversation he mentioned my credit card on file and I asked if it would be charged for the cancellation and he said yes, so I asked how am I not "obligated" to pay if you already have my card and are going to charge it? Hughesnet has done nothing but lie about their service, lie about their contract and scam me. There has to be some kind of recourse that can be taken against them? He said the only way I could hear the recording of me agreeing to the 24 month contract was if the case went to court and it would be presented there. Since launching a personal lawsuit against them would cost more than $300, they're pretty confident that they will never have to provide proof.
Chad in SC

D
Jul 19, 2018 9:40 am

My experience is similar. I would like to join the class action effort.

With best regards,

Daniel Chasman
[email protected]; [protected]

0 0

I have been with Hughesnet for about a year now and I HATE IT!
My daughter and I can't even watch tv at the same time, or use the computer while watching tv because the internet keeps freezing. I cut my cable service over a year ago so I stream now, but with Hughesnet as my internet provider, I can't even enjoy watching watching television anymore.
I even switched to the gen 5 service and am paying top dollar for the highest speed they have but still the service sucks!
If anyone wants to start a class action suit, I want in.
It is so pathetic how companies like this take advantage of people and want to steal their money for their own personal gain.

K
Jun 06, 2018 9:40 am

I would be happy and willing to take on this [censored] company. They MUST be shut down. They owe me $470 at least.

Jun 04, 2018 9:40 am

I want to join in on the class action lawsuit. I am disabled and on Social Security. I also live in a rural area of Alabama. I was given the speach about the free installation that I had to pay for too. They don't send any bills or emails that tell you anything. I just tried to cancel my service and they say when I signed the paper for the installer that, he said was just verifying that he did his job that I magically signed another 2 year contract. Plus he said I had a purchase agreement. I have already suffered through 24 months of the substandard service, I had all the issued everyone here have mentioned, data leaving with nothing turned on, either not working at all or 90 percent of the time is so slow, I just give up trying to use it. I can't ever watch Netflex or my DISH OnDemand because of the spooling or it just kicks me out and I have to reload. They also say purchased the equipment, but I got to mail it back to them? There are days that I don't turn the computer on at all and come home to find I am over their fair access policy threshold. I even had a repair person come out and check and he told me data was leaving at a fast rate, but nothing was hooked up. Now that I have canceled my service, I have to pay, plus take down the equipment myself and send it back to them at my expense. How do I have to pay, if I endured this service since 2016? I PURCHASED the equipment and I have to send it back.?
Count me in!

Alabama Sandy who loves her Verizon MiFi (It works great streaming Netflex and OnDemand)

May 27, 2018 9:40 am

Yes I want to sue these idiots for false advertising. They claim daily on their TV advertising that when you subscribe for service you will get speeds of 25mbps. They don't say up to 25mbps but you will get 25mbps. I test my speed daily and the most I have gotten was 12mbps but 90% of the time I am getting less than 1mbps. I would say the average speed I get is 450kbps.
I have been looking for a lawyer willing to take on a class action lawsuit against them. Any lawyers out there wanting to take it on?

Bangkok8

May 17, 2018 9:40 am

I am having the same issue. I occassionally have speeds of 4, but 99% of the times by speeds are less than 1mbps. I cant load a movie. Even hours spent on the phone with tech support...page they wanted me to go wouldn't even load. Technician came out and verfied the low speed, but couldn't fix it. Data use is astronomical even with nothing on.

Apr 20, 2018 9:40 am

Is there a class action on them yet or how can I go about going after them? They are trying to charge me $391.70 for an early termination fee when I cancelled before 30 days of having it and it not working the whole time I had them! They are a joke!

K
Apr 02, 2018 9:40 am

I just signed up for Hughes Net the past Friday 30 March 2018. The dish was installed internet seemed to be working when the technician left. I was able to log into the internet, no problem. Later we tried to get into Netflix to watch some movies the signal was so bad so slow it would not even run Netflix. I logged in to check our internet speed it was right at 2.43 mbps. We had to switch back to our DSL which runs 6.5 mbps. I tried all weekend speaking to Hughes Net Techs who could not offer anything to fix this problem. I was told a technician would contact me today 4/2/2018 to come out fix the problem, no call as of this afternoon. I have had it! I am going to find a way to cancel this service and stop payment for false advertising and merchandise not as described.

Apr 20, 2018 9:40 am

They will charge you no matter what for an early termination fee. Be careful! I hate them!

Mar 22, 2018 9:40 am

Who want to explain how I'm bored with this a.m. if you end up with any kind of lawsuit Count Me In I'm at work and I just spent the last 3 hours on the phone trying to resolve my issues every putting $5, 000 into something that doesn't work there's more but I can't get into it right now
[email protected]

Feb 27, 2018 9:40 am

HughesNet is horrible. I had no choice but to get this garbage. we started out in month 1 with gen 4, then promptly upgraded to gen 5. Our internet is garbage, I can barely upload a photo to facebook half the time. Whether it be a computer or wifi on my cell phone. I explained everything I did to this woman on the phone, I work from home, We have a son who does all his work on his computer, then the games. We cannot load sites he plays games on or nothing. So, they lied to me. Unlike many others, I actually recorded the whole call :) Their deceptive lives on a recording! Imagine that! Anyone can do it, just call them and tell them you're moving, give them an address. Tell them you play Roblox, Minecraft, Facebook Games, Homeschool, etc. Record it all! They will tell you that you can do it. You just cannot play games that are played on Xbox or PS3/4, she said NO C.O.D. games like that can't be played. I said that's great, we don't play that. but I play the Wii U, she said oh yes, that's fine. Little did I know I was being deceived. Had they not blocked me today on Facebook, from their page I'd not be here doing this right now. I'm PO'd! I'm fed up with paying $125.14 a month for something that's not worth $50! Clouds = no internet, Rain = no internet, Hughesnet = garbage!

E
Jan 30, 2018 9:40 am

Yea I agree with half of these I recently called to cancel my services a week before the bill was due and got a number and everything and then come to find out they still billed my card called them up and asked for a refund they said they couldn't cuss it had been used I don't see how when I haven't even been home for about 3 weeks in fact I called them from a different county canceled then come home to this its sincerely the worst won't be going back to them ever

Jan 09, 2018 9:40 am

Hello Deborah,

Last week I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and last night I received a call from a Hughes representative who was responsible for resolving my BBB complaint.

I told the rep I was never made aware of the vast options and different plans Hughes Network offers. In fact, when I went through DISH Network for a new internet provider, they highly recommend Hughes and I was told I would recieve 25 mbps with NO data limtations. This is absolutely false! Hughes in fact has at least 4 different packages with a host of add-ons like "tokens" and "WiFi booster" in order to provide you with enough data and higher speeds. Keep in mind all of this comes at an added cost. Truth be told, Hughes has created a system that, if you want reliable service, it will suck your wallet dry! Keep in mind I was never clued in to all of this until I spoke with the Hughes rep last night. This is a classic bait and switch that screws me every which way but loose. Why? Because I will have to pay 400 dollars to get out of my contract!

Work has kept me very busy and I had no time to look into a Class Action Suit against Hughes Network. But, I am completely onboard and will follow through. If you make any progress, please keep me advised.

Regards,

Mark

D
Jan 03, 2018 9:40 am

I have called a lawyer also, because my speed has been 800kbps for months. I have sent them speed test results, called and been put on hold for hours, and been told I would get a discount on my monthly bill. None of this helps me get the internet I am paying for.

Jan 01, 2018 9:40 am

I have had this crappy service for three months and I have regretted it ever since. I will be looking into filing a class action suit against Hughes Network. More to follow.

Dec 28, 2017 9:40 am

I too have been duped by this company, Hughesnet". From the day of installation I never had internet, the installer said I had to buy a piece of equipment (can't remember now), he came back and still couldn't get it working. I told Hughesnet customer service about this and they tried to fix it over the phone with me, to no avail. I told them I no longer wanted their service and returned their equipment, yet they billed me $600 even though I never had one day of internet service with them. They are a scam and ripoff company. They should be sued...

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

608 complaints