Hughesnet / the worst customer service I have ever dealt with!

I have been waiting for over 8 weeks for a credit. I followed there RMA procedures to a "T". They would not even talk to me about until the 8 weeks have passed. They have the WORST customer service I have EVER dealt with.

Comments

• Tl
      11th of Mar, 2008

I am on the phone right now with level 2 tech support. After 3hours of asking why my telnet and ssh session to my office server(s) ( with 4 different internet server providers on 4 different gateways ) are being dropped after 15 seconds from when i login to them. I am told that they do not support telnet or ssh. I am like WTF are you talking about. So I ask Robert the tech to speak to a supervisor because that is not the answer you give someone like me who has 15 years working as a Network Engineer.

So I said to the supervisor "What a bull#&*$ answer I just got from your tech, let me ask you a question do you support ping?? I am getting a 42% packet loss right now Your own diag software in YOUR #$&*(%^% Receiver OS has ping are you going to tell me that you don't support ping??" "Please don't tell me that... because the people in Maryland are gonna look dumb when they get notice that a lawsuit has been filled against them for what you have said.."

So the super took a look and he is like damn you got a 40% packet loss here.. Guess we will have to look at seeing if there is a bigger problem that is going on.

So mike at level 2 HN tech support. You piece of lying buck passing crap. Realize now that not every call can BS'd through. Get out of the business.. You don't know what your doing. Your just a little punk answering the phone like a front desk cutie at a office.

• Cn
      6th of Apr, 2011

I just had the exact same issues (and it's 2011) so i guess the network engineers at hughesnet/dway need fired because their service is still the same quality as it was 3 years ago. haha I even talked to a pouty lame [censor] named mike in level 3 support who tried to tell me that packet loss was normal (45%) for satellite. So .. when your service simply doesn't work 45% of the time -- that's normal. He insisted that I just needed to get used to [censor] service because satellite is only for people who can't get anything else. What kind of sales line is that? Speaking of sales pitches .. hughesnet says that they have some latency issues but in their advertising it is supposed to be like 1/2 second because the signal has to travel 45, 000 miles (at the speed of light) and by my calculations that's more like 1/4 second (45k/186k) but (I think out loud to myself) isn't low earth orbit more like 1200 miles maximum? How far away are these satellites anyways. Ironically, my super salesman in the tech department at hughesnet informed me that packet latency is acceptable anywhere from 2-3 seconds. So let me get this straight .. normally internet communications will have a latency of 25-100ms so after a three way handshake and a GET request and then a response from the server, we have between 125ms and 500ms (1/2 a second) to receive a completed response. However, it should be noted, that mike from hughesnet thinks that it is normal to have 15 second response times and we are assuming here that our requests are simple ones and didn't need to be fragmented into multiple parts adding several seconds (up to 6 with packet verification). How can service be so crappy that technical support says that unless we have a specific error then we can't resolve your problems and significant packet loss and latency issues aside (because we can't fix those) we need something real that we can blame on your browser or your router or on other parts of the ever so mysterious internet that are obviously completely out of our control.