Hughesnet / incompetence!

1 AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-347-3292

Unbelievable incompetence in addressing the most basic ISP service. Extensive waiting, inefficient routing without ability to transfer. Expect to invest a couple of hours with the computer illiterate staff. Seriously laughable. If there is any other choice in the universe, make it.

Comments

• Ri
      12th of Mar, 2008

I agree fully although my problems are with billing and customer service. My satellite dish was hooked up on 3/8/08 by a contractor who did a good job, everything works.

It took me only two days afterwards however to wish I'd never heard of Hughes Net. To add insult to injury it'll cost me an additional $300 to end service before two years.

I really don't have any other choice in the universe for internet service and I'm still sorry I made the choice! Anyone that wants peace of mind don't get Hughes Net!

• Wi
      5th of Jun, 2008

This company is the greatest boon dongle I have ever experienced. Service (from Bob in Bombay) is WORSE than anything I have ever experienced. They give you case numbers, but require that each and every time you must repeat their idiotic “is the computer plugged in….good, now are there lights on your monitor” crap. I have an Enterprise system and I pay over $400 month. WHERE IS THE CLASS ACTION suit for this fraudulent incompetent lying cheating company?

• Da
      17th of Feb, 2009

I whole heartedly agree! We have had satellite since it's inception here, basically, because nothing else is available. Since Hughesnet took over, this satellite connection has been a nightmare, including the implementation of the FAir Access Policy. Without notice they instituted this, and suddenly, if you did not have Windows or other downloads scheduled for 12-3 AM, your were slowed down to below dial up speeds for violation of this policy. I am waiting my contract to switch over to a new high speed local service. DUMP HUGHESNET!