Hughesnet / lack of service

AK, United States Review updated:

I've had hughesnet for a little over a year. Since day one i've had poor service. I've been timed out repeatedly. I was told by one of their technical service reps that I was only allowed to download 2mb of data daily. Most screensavers, even simple ones are over 2mb. The rep also told me if I download between the hours of 3am & 6am. My downloads would not count towards the fap. Wrong, I was still timed out. Now the equipment has malfunctioned and I have now been told that the equipment is out of warranty and any repairs will have to be paid for by myself. Let me tell you I am not a happy camper. I strongly suggest to anyone who is contemplating hughesnet satelitte internet service to look at other solutions. I will cancel my service with this company I dont care what.

Comments

• Bu
      6th of Sep, 2009

Here is information regarding a Class Action Lawsuit against HughesNet:

PBM Files Class Action Against HughesNet --- Satellite Broadband Company

The law-firm of Pogust, Braslow, & Millrood, LLC, recently filed in the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, a lawsuit against HughesNet, Inc., Hughes Communications, Inc., and Hughes Network Systems, LLC, for breach of contract and frauduluent business practices involving the marketing of the HughesNet® Satellite Broadband Network System.

Filed on behalf of HughesNet® subscribers and consumers, the Complaint alleges inter alia that the satellite broadband Company's nationwide advertisement of "Highspeed Internet by Satellite: Wherever Whenever" was materially false and misleading.

The class action lawsuit also alleges that HughesNet intentionally "oversold" its bandwidth, whereby thousands of HughesNet® subscribers and consumers were subjected to limited Internet broadband accessibility, speed, functionality, and connectivity.

Additionally, it is alleged that HughesNet actively marketed HughesNet® subscribers and consumers to upgrade their broadband plan under the representation that such would result in faster Internet broadband access. Despite this, HughesNet® subscribers and consumers experienced significant broadband delays, including extremely slow uploading/downloading speeds, unreliable connectivity, and the inability to access email. Furthermore, HughesNet® subscribers and consumers were often required to incur additional costs, fees, and early termination penalities, as a result of HugheNet's false advertising.

If you or someone you know is a HughesNet® subscriber and/or customer and have experienced similar Internet broadband related issues, please contact our law-firm for a free consultation.

• Lh
      25th of Dec, 2015

I am having to use my smart phone to send this because our hughes net service is so bad that most of the time we can't use it. It is our only provider here in yakutat alaska since starband went away. We are being ripped off