Hughes Network Systems / wifi service

1 United States

I emailed your company on Monday 1/28/2019 asking for an address to mail to the corporate office, a letter explaining just how disappointed I am with my wifi service with Hughes net. According to your email in response, I was supposed to receive a call from customer service within 24 hours. It is now been 3 days and I still have not received a call. Which further shows how devalued I am as a customer.

The problem started when I was told my service would cost 39.99 a month, which is THE ONLY REASON I DECIDED TO TRY YOUR SERVICE. My previous wifi company went up to 59.99 a month and that was not in my budget, so when I was told your price by one of your technicians I was pleasantly surprised. When the dish was installed I was shocked by the size of it, it's HUGE.
From day of installation I have experienced significant issues with my service. I told the gentlemen that I put my order in with, that I did not have a TV service but that I stream through my amazon prime. He assured me that the plan I was getting was good for that. I was not informed that I would need to increase my plan in order to stream my shows. I immediately called the serviceman who installed me and he advised me to call customer service. I did call and that helped for a week or two but then the buffering continued. I thought that I had set up paperless billing but never received a bil, so again I called customer service and they showed me how to look up my first bill and that's when I found out that I was charged 59.99 a month and not the promised 39.99. Well, needless to say I was very upset because I felt as if I had been taken advantage of. So the representative told me that when I received my order confirmation via email for the service installation, it said that the service would cost 59.99. I advised her that I never received a confirmation email or any other email about my service. She said that I had to have received it and I looked and looked through my email, but never found it. I then verified my email address with her to ensure she had the correct email and she said that what she had was accurate based upon what I was telling her. The representative tried her best to help me but since she insisted that I was informed via email of the cost she could only help me by giving me a monthly credit to bring my bill down to 49.99 a month and it would only last for a few months. She also told me that I needed to increase my plan in order to stream successfully.

I was reviewing my account just a week or so ago and found that the email address that you have has one wrong letter in it. So I never did receive the email or any bills. If I don't go online and check I don't know much the bill is monthly. Between that and the constant buffering, I am at my wits end. I rented a movie last week from amazon with my grandchildren and every minute or two my signal would go and it would buffer and then, if that wasn't bad enough, after 20 minutes of the movie - it buffered for longer than 10 minutes and the message came up that my wifi service is too slow to continue playing the movie, so we ended up shutting off the television. I paid 4.99 for a movie we could not watch. Not to mention the fact that I pay monthly for service that is so slow I can barely watch one show in the evening without buffering.

I am going to send this complaint to corporate because there is no way that i am paying for this service for another year and hal[censored]

Ma