Hughes Network Systemshughesnet internet service

I cancelled my hughesnet internet service late in 2016 due to continued price increases. The company sent a prepaid shipping box with a request to return only the radio attached to the satellite. I packed it and delivered it to USPS myself. I began receiving credit card bills for $219.50 for the radio attachment. In my first call to customer service, I was asked for the tracking number, which I could not locate. When I did find it, I called back and was told that the charge would be removed from my bill. The representative did not even ask for the tracking number, but assured me that the matter was resolved. I then shredded the USPS information, and discovered that the charge was included in my VISA bill and had been paid.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Germantown, MDI have called customer service twice more to request a refund, but they refused. The most recent person said they had received the modem (they did not request its return) but not the radio (which I did return). The Postal Service cannot retrieve the tracking number, although I recall shipping the radio on 12/23/16. I was a Hughesnet customer for almost four years, and I did not expect to be scammed for more than $200 because the company failed to keep adequate records. They claim not to see a note in my account that their representative told me the charge had been removed. I fulfilled my obligation to Hughesnet, but I should not be charged for a failure in their recordkeeping system. I want a refund of $219.50 from Hughesnet. I am Diane Harris, 43 Potts Chapel Road, Jackson, TN 38301. My phone number on the account is [protected]. My Hughesnet site account number is DSS30489347.

Mi
May 02, 2017

Comments

• As
      Aug 10, 2017

Mimiharris,
    Please contact our Billing department [protected] to assist you with your issue.

–Andrew from HughesNet