Hughes Net Satellite Internet / fighting for no service
It sounds like I'm not the only one that has had serious problems with HughesNet. I signed up for their service the end of December, 2008. I also had problems with downloading.
My service was supposed to be buying the equipment for $20/month on top of my regular bill. On January 16, 2009, they cut off my service because they said I owed them $400 for the equipment plus the monthly fee. I called them, and they said I had to fax them a copy of the agreement, which I never got a copy of. The only thing I have is the copy of the pole installation - which cost me $135.
I have been fighting with them ever since to try to get shipping labels to send the equipment back to them. And now they've turned me in to a collection agency.
And the fight rages on . . .
I tell everyone I know not to get HughesNet. Their internet service is poor, and they're customer service is the worst I've ever seen. And I've been in other countries that aren't trained for customer service like we are in America - and the untrained were better than what I've had with HughesNet.
I hope my registering this complaint will help to save someone the struggle I'm going through with them.
More Hughes Net Satellite Internet Complaints & Reviews
- Hughesnet - corporate office contacts 
- Hughesnet - 2-year contract?? 
- Hughesnet.com - hughesnet make me feel used and abused! 
- Hughesnet - terrible service! lies and more lies! 
- Hughesnet - fap's "fair access policy" is a fraud! 
- Hughesnet - internet
- Hughes Network Systems - gen 5
- Hughes Network Systems - service
- Hughesnet - be warned before signing up with hughesnet
- Hughes Network Systems - poor performance of internet service since 2/2018 installation.