Hughes / worst product on earth

Do not use hughes satellite service! You will be better served and happier with dial up. And if you don't even have a phone line then just go without internet service.

It is a waste of money and time. They limit what they say to you and never hand you a real contract. All things are listed on their website if you can look at it. I got the phone off the front page of the site in a spare moment at the library so I could keep my job that I was lucky enough to transfer to home. Everything was agonizing and the cost, because of the troubles, really makes you want to throw up.

In the sales call they make it sound like there is no obligation in the 30 day trial period. Well...

The installation and equipment is $400.00 they do not tell you that you will only get $200.00 returned if you mail it back to them (In maryland, I am in california). Meaning I have to pay for the shipping... And this is the best part. Iiiiiiii have to un-install it!! So what happens to older people, they let themselves get screwed out of this small portion because of the hassle and the danger. Should I risk my life going up on the roof to uninstall the equipment??? What happens if I fall and hurt myself... Or die... Are they liable? Well... They stated to me on cancellation that they are not responsible for uninstalling, so I ask where can I find that on your website or in the disclosure I never received in paper or email? I had to keep digging and digging and eventually found it. But... It is not something that was "presented" at any time nor was there a sign off by me listed on the so-called "contract" that specified the disclosure it was on. Everything is vague in conversation and all they can do is apologize, which by the way is very often, perfunctory and annoying. Basically it says 'what a bummer' and 'nothings gonna be done'. So I just said give me case # to document.

Of course I will be pro-rated on the first month's service that I used about 10 times. Shoulda called sooner.

Oh yes. And as I got my return authorization number I realize she is giving me the info to handwrite on the returning equipment. They don't email you anything or send you what any business will officially send you. What a mickey mouse outfit they are. And of course I have to pay for the return shipping which I have estmated at $75.00

So let's review: I will get only $200.00 refunded less the $75.00 shipping I will pay, plus lost time of work, which leaves me $125.00 if I do not use that and more for any injury I may incur uninstalling their piece of sh — equipment. Is it worth it or can I get more out of it by creating a bonfire and watch them melt, distort and blacken.

It would probably make me feel much better. The other way may give ma a stroke or worse. I really feel sorry for the other suckers who dealt with this longer than I did.

Good news for me: I found a wireless dsl broadband connection that is underground. I have a pole on my roof and the connection is excellent!! I am soooo sorry I didn't know about it before. I only want to keep my job and hughes should help people do that too!! Not just their customers but their employees. Once too many people get dissatisfied they will lose money. Do not invest in this company either.

And one last thing, the way you have to dig to send them an email is really sad for an internet service provider. Even the idiot I cancelled with sadi i'd have to write to them for contact because she didn't know, had trouble finding it and never bothered to find out or just a real idiot!

Va

Comments

30th of Apr, 2008
    Hughes - no email
    Hughes.net
    Phone: 866-825-4950
    mail.hughes.net

Last weekend Hughes net took over the direcway site and I've had no email or use of email. They asked to wait but I'm loosing money because I can't get my email. I've called and called and been given case Numbers but I still have no email. One way for me to work is through agencies that contact me by email. Yes they use phones but the first to call back gets the job for that shift. I work Trauma and have for 31 years. It's my life and my email was fine till hughes took over. Now I have not been too work for almost 5 days. This sucks! I hate hughes.net. I have a contract for 15 more months because they said to buy the DW 7000 and it's supposed to make things better . Wrong! It's worse than ever. I hate Hughes.net and I don't know what too do?

• Ar
      2nd of Sep, 2008

Well its a terrible same I did'nt read these thousands of conplaints before I became, another victim of Huges net hell.
    Huges makes corp. america look like kindregarten.
    God help us if corp.america ever get's that bad.
    I think it's nothing but theift by deception, u never get a straight answer from their complaint department. They try to send you to their technical department. What a joke, I ask this tech if he really was a tech, well he hem hawed around the question. He ask me to to rediculess things and when I told him I'd already been there and done that, this bozo tell's me to run speed checks for the next three days and to do them three times a day, unlike the last tech person I had talked to the lastime I'd called who said to do it for two days. (to keep you off their back i guess). Oh I might add this person was not good with the english language, India I would guess his home, as all their techs and customer service rep's are. Some more out sourcing the gentle words would be ( cost effectiveness ).
    These people that work for Hughes as rep's and tech's must have a degree in lying and word trickery...and must not have trouble sleeping at night. Amazing what people will shrink to to earn a dollar.
    Well I would'nt say your a dummy if you read this and still fall for their many games of getting your money, and if you add it up in a two year contract it's a tidy little sum. Not to mention the brain damage that goes with it.
    I won't go into the cost as many of the people that have already mentioned in this forum, as it sickens me to think about it, but if your the type of person that likes to get a slap in the face to your intelligents, then you need to sign a contract with the money hungry liars and thiefs. If their is a God these people are in danger of Hell's fire. (personally I don't think so.) Beware of Huges net. the owner is most likeky the anti-christ. LOL
    Oh and one more thing go to the web page listed here and read. there could be a class action law suit. Read this.

DirecPC must remove their "Fair Access Policy"

• Va
      24th of Oct, 2008
    Hughes - Bad service
    Hughes
    hughesnet.com

My satellite broadband internet from HughesNet runs at two kilobytes every four second, or about two hundred times slower than dial up service providers.

• Me
      13th of Feb, 2010

i was scam for 178 from hughes and not given account number my card was charge2 time with out me knowing i was lie to about my service toally does anyone know how i can get my money back please help me bust these liars =(