HSN / scam

HSN cancels purchase because they say they had the wrong expiration date, so therefore I lost my purchase which sold out and was a special value with free shipping on easy pay.

The promo was a $20 discount on first purchase when opening a new CC account. I was approved and the account was linked instantly so the purchase went through. A few days later I looked at my order to see the CC was denied??? I called HSN and they blamed the bank. I called the bank, they blamed HSN. Something involving the expiration date, but I did not have my card since this all was in one process, and this was an immediate purchase. If this is a glitch in their system, I wonder how many other customers got duped into opening a new account. HSN has my phone number and email and they never contacted me either, but even so, I did not know what the expiration date was as it hadn't arrived yet so this was between the bank and HSN.

I called the bank after losing my purchase and canceled the card, and called HSN to let them know I no longer want to be a customer.

Cr

Comments

• Mo
      23rd of Dec, 2010

HSN duped me into opening one of their credit cards when I ordered a Christmas gift for my husband. They gave me a $20.00 discount which seemed like a good deal... Well they guaranteed Christmas delivery on the item so since I hadn't received it yet I decided to call them today and find out where it was in transit. Guess what?! They "over-sold" the item and it is now back ordered, will not be delivered by Christmas and if they are unable to get it back into inventory by Jan. 17th the order will be cancelled. I asked them when they were planning on contacting me with this information to which they replied that they didn't have my email address on record. Funny they were able to email me a 15% off your next purchase from HSN coupon code the same day I made the purchase! I will be cancelling the worthless HSN credit card that I have NO intentions of ever using. First and last experience with HSN was NOT a good one. Customer service manager offered me an apology and a $5.00 credit to my account - WOW how generous considering now I need to find another Christmas gift for my husband in the next 24 hours...

• A9
      10th of Aug, 2013

I feel duped by HSN just like you! I only wished I came across your story first before placing my order! I originally purchased a tv from them. Upon receiving it was damaged. So i had it sent back and waited for my replacement. A couple days after sending back I decided I no longer wanted this order fulfilled. I wanted to cancel it all together. I didn't want a replacement/exchange, just my refund. Well for some reason, when I called to check status of the order so I can cancel it, I was told so many Bulls*** as to nothing can be done because updates on their system hasn't been updated and nothing is showing on my account. They were waiting for vendor to update their system first so they can see exactly where about the order was at in the process. Toile a long aggravating story short, I was unable to cancel that replacement shipment even tho at the time I had called to cancel, it was not already packaged but still sitting in the warehouse! Now I'm expected to receive a product I no longer want and pay for the return shipping because I don't plan on keeping the tv. Just a waste of time and effort for me. Never will I buy anything from HSN again. Their shady customer service and order processing methods are all a big scam to get your money one way or the other. Very disappointing service I received this time in the years I been a loyal customer. No longer do I support HSN and their poor business tactics. It's a shame.

• Ju
      10th of May, 2017

HSN is trying to collect money from me for certain installments and Comenity bank is collecting the same money for the same merchandise. I have never missed a statement Payment in 10 years and they are both wanting money for the same items. A scam that is for sure.