HSBC Discover Card / account closure - will not reinstate
I have paid over $1000.00 in 30 days and they CLOSED my card a month ago! Payment arrangements were made to bring my account current. The customer service representative confirmed that the payment arrangement was acceptable and would bring me current on my account. He forgot to tell me that the date I agreed to make the payment was 2 days AFTER the cycle date. Therefore their "system" revoked the card and closed it TWO DAYS before I made the agreed upon payment. The card was closed over a month ago. Since then I have made more payments, talked to reps on the phone, had available credit displayed online, and did not find out the card was closed until it declined at a merchant. I called and spoke to an Account Supervisor and a Floor Supervisor and was assured that there is NOTHING that can be done to reinstate the card. So be careful, you may feel reasurred and confident that you are doing the "right thing" but all your fate lies in the imaginary hands of the "System." Oh, one more thing, I have not been able to access the companies Terms & Conditions online for the last 4 days (and I have tried from my home PC as well as my office PC). hmmmmm, something does not seem right.
More HSBC Discover Card Complaints & Reviews
- HSBC Retail Services - credit card ripoffs! 
- HSBC UAE - poor service 
- HSBC Credit Card Collection Department - getting regular calls asking for another customer 
- HSBC Malaysia Credit Card - hsbc malaysia customer service for credit card 
- HSBC Credit Card - my application status 
- HSBC Holdings - unauthorised transaction on card no 4386759006314683
- HSBC Holdings - on hold for one hour and 14 minutes!!!
- HSBC Holdings - service
- HSBC Holdings - add on credit card
- HSBC Malaysia - credit card dept