HSBC Credit Card / fees charges
I once believed that hsbc was a decent company because of their commercials but all has changed. I just received a hsbc visa platinum credit card, and because of exceptional fees that can be charges, have canceled the card after 2 months of use.
The fees were incurred when setting up automatic payment. although I have used the same account number to set up other accounts for automatic payment (example ford finance), hsbc indicated that the payment was rejected by the bank as an invalid account. I then copy and pasted the account from a bank statement and once again the payment was rejected according to hsbc. I contacted the hsbc card services to confirm what the problem was and their representative said that it appears that the payment went through but to check back in a few days. when I did, I discovered a $35 charge for each of the rejected payment on same account that were used in setting up other automatic payment schedule. when I call hsbc card services about these fees, they said that there were legitimate fees and that nothing could be done because the account number provided was incorrect. this was the same account number that was copied and pasted from the back statement and all that was missing were the prefix "0000" that only their system could not handle, but other system can with ease. I feel that this is an example of credit card companies making a grab for cash from consumers using their product.
Results, I ended up paying $70 in fees for a $24 account balance. never again, and will advise all to stay away from this company and their credit cards. now I see why hsbc has to advertise so much, if I am an example of their treatment.
Ps: I thought that loan sharking was illegal, but this bank is able to charge and annual percentage rate of 35.20% on purchases. to me it makes al capone look like a saint when it comes to business.
More HSBC Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
- HSBC Retail Services - credit card ripoffs! 
- HSBC Credit Card Collection Department - getting regular calls asking for another customer 
- HSBC UAE - Poor Service 
- HSBC Malaysia Credit Card - hsbc malaysia customer service for credit card 
- HSBC Credit Card - my application status 
- HSBC Holdings - credit card application
- HSBC (UAE) - deceiving policies
- HSBC Holdings - complaining about fraud
- HSBC (UAE) - cash withdrawal from atm of sharjah city, centre atm machine on 12 oct 2016
- HSBC (UAE) - fraud transaction - unsecure credit card