HP / Pavillion DV4000 / hard drive failure!

1 5237 King Arthurs CT.NW #6Roanoke, United States Review updated:
Phone: (646) 316-8675

I purchased a HP Pavilion dv4000 laptop about 2 years ago for $1100, brand new. Within a year I started having performance issues with my hardware. I was under warranty then. However now, I am having issues with my hard drive once again. I called HP, spoke to a few representatives and supervisors who not only did not empathize with the big picture, but none were able to give me a phone number to a case manager, or executive's office. They all were continuously telling me that they apologize, are sorry, etc. It honestly sounded like a programmatic approach. When I asked for names and locations, I was only given first names. At least 4 reps all asked me for the same information including serial numbers each time that I called the same day!!! I was on hold for a case manager, only to find out that I was transferred back to a service representative, who then told me that case managers did not work on the weekend and operated m-f 8-5pm PST??

They wanted me to of course pay $49.99 for a 14 day warranty to give me my specified product key for my notebook?? Again, not looking at the big picture as a whole with me having so much difficulty with the product for the first year.

What is becoming of HP customer service.? I have a home and office consumed with multiple HP products, that have done me extremely well over the years. This product failure is an issue, but not as much as the ill trained service that I have been getting in reference to this product. If they had efficient, effective approaches in place with well trained representatives, the technical issues would be worked out properly. Without that dazzling, expertise service in place, as far as I am concerned, it is time for me to replace my HP products and give another product line a chance. I am saddened and disappointed by this entire poor service experience. I call multiple times in the same day because I really wanted to feel the appreciation and consideration and could not believe what I was hearing. I wanted to be help and had high hopes on looking for professional experience from a "reliable" company. I have not had much experience with call HP customer service or technical support, so this journey has shocked me and made me turn my cheek. It is time for me to part ways with HP...

Comments

Da
  20th of Jan, 2008

When you call keep asking for their manager. Eventually you will reach a highly trained person who actually thinksw customer care. Dont forget to ask for names before you transfer.

Ov
  4th of Feb, 2008

Had similar problems with this model. It's a hardware problem. I'm out of warranty. They won this time.

Mi
  27th of Mar, 2008

I had loads of problems also using my laptop dv4000. Firtsly when I bought it they didn't give me any kind of cd with the windows at all, neither the drivers. I needed to format it and they told me I was needed to make a copy from some files included they have all the drivers there. I formated the pc, the copies don't work and now I have a pc for the recylcle bin. I found out also my laptop has 2 model numbers, that sounds so strange...

Mi
  24th of Jan, 2009

I have an HP DV4000 and quite frankly, it's a piece of junk. The hard drive just failed, there are cracks in the case and near the display hinges. I'm sorry I purchased this unit and an HP Laptop will not be in my future purchase plans.

Wa
  3rd of Nov, 2009

Same problem here...I replaced the hard drive in my dv4000 a few months ago and now that one just died too. Also no windows recovery disk. I have an $1, 100 paperweight.

Gu
  18th of Jul, 2010

I bought a Pavilion DV4 1223LA for my girfriend and the hard disk failed one year after she started to use it. I'm really dissapointed. I will fix this issue with a new Hard Drive but I will know now that it won't last much longer. I'll buy a new machine and it definitively won't be a HP.