Hp Pavilion Slimline

Posted:

Motherboard failures on new computers

4.7
Hewlett Packard
I bought a new HP Pavilion Slimline s3127c desktop PC computer less than a year ago from Hewlett Packard. With the purchase of this computer, the customer is provided a one year warrantee for service and repairs. This particular model, as well as several other models produced by Hewlett Packard in this time frame, has an admitted problem with the computer’s motherboard. The flaw in the motherboard system results in complete computer failure. The user is unable to navigate through any programs on the computer and is also greeted by a blank computer screen. I immediately called the customer service department. After a minimum of an hour and an half phone call, the repair department agreed to fix this known motherboard problem if the computer was shipped to them. The computer was shipped immediately for repair, but much to my chagrin the “repaired computer” still has the same PC motherboard failure. I called the service department again, this time with the hope that they would replace the PC with a system that functions properly. I was informed my only option would be to send the computer back for repair. I told the customer complaint department that I was concerned about this being a reoccurring problem long after the one year warrantee expires. I was told that they would extend the warrantee because of this flaw, but the customer service agent refused to send me a copy of my “newly extended warrantee”, stating that it was an “internal document”. Hewlett Packard has refused to replace the item with a working PC, leaving me to ship the product back and forth for repair. I would like Hewlett Packard to replace my PC with one that does not have this motherboard flaw, or provide me with written documentation of my newly extended warrantee. I feel the company is taking advantage of hardworking individuals by selling a product that does not work, then pretending to attempt to fix the product until their warrantee expires.
Complaint comments Comments (448)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Computers & Accessories

Comments

N  18th of Oct, 2006 by    0 Votes

HP f1703 monitor - The last hp product I buy

I purchased a brand new hp f1703 monitor along with a new hp pavilion a747c computer via the internet about a year ago and during that year I moved and by the time I got my office set up in the new house, the entire computer and monitor had seen less than 6 months of actual use.

The monitor started going blank on me so I researched it on the internet and found that hp had a series of these monitors with this problem manufactured during a specific period that were eligible for FREE rplacement or repair.

My monitor was manufactured during this period , but supposedly did not have the correct serial number. (Maybe the problem was more extensive than they thought?)

Any way I was told that since I did not buy my computer from hp or a major retailer it actually had no warranty when I bought it because their warranty begins from the day of manufacture not the date of sale.

Rest assured that will be the last hp product I buy or recommend!!!!!!
N  6th of Nov, 2006 by    0 Votes

HP - Hard drive replacement problem

On September 29,2006 I called HP Support because my notebook computer is not recognizing the hard drive. The hard drive test on the cmos failed. I was offered a replacement for the hard drive to be sent inmediately and that I will receive it by 10/04/2006. I did not receive it that date and I called
back HP Support and they told me that I would receive it on 10/12/06, it did not came in that date either.
I called HP Support for the third time and that was when they told me that they did not have the hard drive that I have to wait until 11/02/2006. I asked to talk to a supervisor and the supervisor told me that because they did not have the hard drive in stock I will have to wait till 11/02/06 to get it. I told him that I needed the hard drive before that date, even thought it was promised for delivery on 10/04 and 10/12 I was never told that the hard disk was not in stock. The supervisor told me that he would buy me a hard drive from one of theri suppliers and that I will get it as soon as next monday 10/16/06, the hard drive did not came in yesterdady as promised.
Now I have an new $829 notebook sitting in my closet for the last 3 weeks doing nothing for me. The computer works really good, but I can not use it without a hard drive.
N  30th of Nov, 2006 by    0 Votes

HP DV5200TX - Got shocked of HP service behavior!
India

I have purchased the above said laptop few days back and i am getting shocks from the notebook and the touch pad is not even working when i went to hp service center i was told that i will be returned in 1 or 2 days but today its 10 days still i dint get my pc i am very disappointed about this i will be forced to adverse action to this.

Don't buy HP products!
N  21st of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes

HP - HP- don't provide committed free gifts!
India

As per the company advertisement in some newspapers of gujarat, he mentioned about free gift on every purchase of laserjet printer in the scheme period. so i purchased two printers under that scheme of free motorola mobile for free talk time of Rs. 450. but till date i don't get any mobile phone and do not get any kind of response.

Their service is really too poor because i have sent many mail but the company staff member had not contact me either by phone or by mail for this issue.

Me and my friends have also bought some printers for individual use but same position as mine as my friend.

We have to claim against these kind of issues.
N  23rd of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes

Hewlett - Packard - Lost computer in service!

Potential Customers beware. I have had my computer for a total of about a week before I had to send it in for service. The problem was very simple. It was a broken battery latch. By the way, I think this mechanism was far too weak. However, the subject of my concern has got to be near illegal. THEY LOST THE COMPUTER! My investment, their mistake...too bad. The stories I got from the Indian help center were:

-I asked, can you just send me the part? They said if I installed it myself it would void the warranty. So I sent it in.

After asking after the expected return to date:

-No parts - sorry about the delay.

-Other problems found on the computer now fixing (What are they doing turning on my computer to fix a battery latch....this was none of their business!)

-Computer has been shipped- No Tracking Number...what? I checked, again, it had not been shipped.

-Last call, the response was that I should take my problem up with Fed/Ex because they lost my computer and HP has nothing to do with it. Of course without a tracking number Fed/Ex doesn't know what the heck I am talking about.

Interestingly, the address they gave me for the service center is a computer refurbishment and resale center in Tennessee! Very Interesting! I wonder if double profits can be made for one sale!

The only thing that I know I can do at the moment is warn other consumers. What a Merry Christmas present this was. I will always remember HP for this. I don't think I will see a penny of this back.
A  27th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes
I have brought a hp Photosmart C3188 printer on 25-Aug-2006, as per your advertisement I came to know that i am eligible to redeem a free gift( that is a Timex Watch worth Rs.1500) with this printer. I have registered for that on HP's website, and got the above mentioned redemption code.
I also send the photocopy of the Invoice with the original bar coded product serial no. sticker pasted (Original sticker) with it on 11-sept-2006 to your Nehru Place Redemption center,
But since then I have not received any acknowledgment from them.I tried to contact them several times but for
1. their phone is constantly busy (I don't know whether they do it intentionally or not).
2. If by chance, out of 100 calls tried simultaneously, i get connected once, the phone keeps on ringing...(no one respond to that phone , that is to be in Office Hours).
To summarize, I have not yet received any kind of response from HP side regarding the free gift.
This is really not good for a prestigious company like HP, it is really going to hit HP image in my view.
N  30th of Jan, 2007 by    0 Votes

HP All-in-One Machines - Failure to disclose scanner demise

My two HP All-in-One machines, different models purchased at different times, now display the same message: "No Scan Options_You need to install or run HP software for this feature." Purchasing upgrade software from the HP site did nothing to restore operation. What I'm hot about is the company sold these machines as all-in-ones, but the scanners cease operation, without warning, in about one year. I want an explanation and my money back for the ineffectual upgrade which arrived today.
A  1st of Feb, 2007 by    0 Votes
I had purchased a HP LASER Printer 1020 on 31st july and according to the offer I was supposed to register online and submit some documents at HP redemption cell Nehru Place New Delhi to claim for a free gift i.e a Motorola Mobile phone along with Air Tel Connection.

I had registered online (Redemption Code:CGBHBSRTCG) and also sent the relevant documents and DD of Rs250 to:

Ms. Gurnaaz Kaur
HP Redemption Cell
Solutions Integrated Marketing Services Pvt. Ltd.,
3rd Floor, Chandra Bhawan,
67-68, Nehru Place.
New Delhi - 19
But I haven't received the gift yet as it has been more than 6 weeks now ( it was promised to be delivered within 6 weeks).

Since Then I have made at least 10 Calls to their office no, 011 41306700.

Every time the story is either going to be dispatched within next week or the phones are not available or sims are not available or sims are defective.

I think the amount of money I have spent on phone calls I could have easily bought the phone.
N  28th of Feb, 2007 by    0 Votes

Hewlett - Packard Pavillion 5000 Laptop - Defective laptop, unreliable customer service

It's time to hold these companies feet to the fire for the indifference they give...

I bought a custom PC notebook and an express service warranty from HP. The fan quit working right and it got too hot and my computer would shut down because of it.

I sent it in and it had to go in for a second time because it totally shut down. It's been two weeks ago that I sent it in again and they cannot tell me ANYTHING about my $3000 computer except that (1) it's in for service (2) needs a part and (3) (for the 5th time) is in for "extensive testing." No one can tell me anything that I don't already know. They act like they are proud they can read the English form and tell me it's in for service - duh!!!

The first few times I heard these excuses, I went for it, but after being told all last week that I would get it TODAY, (was told the week before before that), I called for the tracking number and they can ONLY tell me that it is in still for "extensive testing." It's a canned answer!!!

These people can't even track my computer! They won't transfer you to a manager or service tech and can't give you any kind of intelligent answer! You have to wait on hold a very long time while they transfer you around to other idiots who don't know anything either, and you still come away with wondering if they even have your computer!

I wonder if they need a way to get to work. I need a way to do my business!!! If I knew the problem, I might be more understanding but it's the twilight zone when you call and they tell to call to check on the status but CAN'T TELL YOU ANYTHING except to call back or sometimes they just hang up on you. I'm online again now and have been for an hour almost checking again on this.

I know I am not the only one being insulted this way. If we do not complain, it will not get any better.

I still have NO IDEA what is going on with my computer that I made plans again to be at home all day to receive it...

Is that customer respect???
A  21st of Mar, 2007 by    0 Votes
I also had registered online (Redemption Code: CS2X0LMS4H) and also sent the relevant documents and DD of Rs-250 (DD no.703141) to:

Ms. Gurnaaz Kaur
HP Redemption Cell
Solutions Integrated Marketing Services Pvt. Ltd.,
3rd Floor, Chandra Bhawan,
67-68, Nehru Place.
New Delhi - 19

But I haven't received the gift yet as it has been more than 10 weeks now ( it was promised to be delivered within 6 weeks).
N  15th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes

HP Free Gift - Not yet received the free gift!

A copy of email to HP:

Dear Ms. Gurnaaz Kaur

I have purchased a HP Pavilion DV2046TU from Fringe Technologies, Sector - 14, Gurgaon... I submitted all documents for claiming gift of Hauppage TV Tuner worth Rs.6500.

But till date i have not received any gift from your side. I am waiting for the same since 3 months and every time i call at your office, attended replied by saying , the TV Tuner is out of stock.

After submission of my complaint online, with complaint no: CCHSAP89110, i received a call from Hp Redemption cell, saying that i will be receiving my gift in 2 weeks time, then again the same thing happens, i didn't receive the gift yet.

Do inform me, when should i receive my gift, as i have submitted all the necessary details and the same has been verified at your end, also the draft has been cashed long back.
A  25th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes
Hi Guys,

I too have been facing the same problem with the HP Guys. The documents were submitted in first week on Feb 07 and every fortnight i call to find the status , they say me there is a new stock arriving in a week and then i would be getting it.

More over the customer care rep says there is no supervisor who we can complain and the gift will be delivered when possible (Note: No time frame mentioned)

I believe we should drag HP to the consumer court for giving false promotional offers and putting us in grief.

This will be my last HP product to be purchased... after all this is a US based co. which does not have any sense compared to Indian co.'s.

Best Regards,
Tariq
N  30th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes

HP Free Gift - Not yet received the free gift!

I have purchased a HP Deskjet F380 printer on 19 Jan 2007 from Supreme Computers India (P) Ltd. A free gift of an additional Ink Cartridge is still not received even after two E mail reminders. The wait period is 6 to 8 weeks. Its over 8 weeks now and still no gift!
N  3rd of May, 2007 by    0 Votes

HP Presario - Rebates delaying tactics

A rebate associated with a purchase on 9/19/06 is still being stalled, apparently waiting for me to get tired of repeatedly sending them documents they request. I firmly believe rebates are designed so a certain percentage of claims are abandoned after delaying tactics. I will not purchase items with rebates in the future.

The company, HP Invent, Box 2111, Young America, MN 55553-2111
N  10th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
I called this company regarding my desktop computer.To make a long story short I paid for technical support and was transferred to India - they had no clue what they were talking about.And they did nothing to solve my problem.I have spent the last three days calling this company and being transferred all around the country of India! And speaking to numerous hindus... anyway, to make a long story short, I called the presidential office of HP and actual got help... in English!

For all HP problems I would suggest you contact their headquarters at: 1-650-857-1501 and tell them you want to speak to someone about a complaint.

If enough people complain maybe it will make a difference!!!
N  29th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes

HP / Free Internet Data Card - Card never received!
India

I had buy a hp pressario (compaq) laptop with the scheme that a reliance data card is given free. But from last months i did not get it.
N  15th of Jun, 2007 by    0 Votes

Hp Compaqpresario v3239tu - Drivers of Win2000 /Adv Server
India

I purchased an Compaq presario V3239TU notebook from one of the authorized retail distributors in Andhra pradesh (India). The Operating System is windows vista. I wanna install windows 2000/2003 advance server i don't have drivers of vga/audio, wireless, bluetooth, provide me all the drivers which is supported to windows2000 AD/Server. I visited yopdan HP. Services Hyderabad. They charged me 1000/inr Rupees to install the operating system windows professional where as i asked for win2000 ad/ser.

K.s. imran khan,
email: imranuae@rediffmail.com
Mob: 09440 678351
N  27th of Jun, 2007 by    0 Votes

Hewlett Packard - Cartridges expiring
United Kingdom

I own a very nice and very good HP Deskjet 6250. in 2005 I bought a stock of HP ink Cartridges that were on sale. At the beginning of this year my existing color cartridge finally ran out. I opened up the packet of my new full cartridge, inserted into the printer and the printer refused it. I tried everything to get it to work, but finally spoke to the online help message service. Now in all fairness to HP the guy on the service desk -Calvin, was fantastic. He really helped and knew exactly what the problem was. ALL HP cartridges have an expiry date programmed into them, and all HP printers have a battery and a "clock" which stores the date. When the cartridge is past its expiry (despite being full) it will not be accepted and you cannot use it. This is a shocking practice - and the only point of it as far as I can see is that it brings in more money for HP. It really should be stopped. I now have two new full cartridges which can never be used, unless I disable the battery in my printer - which I am very tempted to do.
A  8th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
Hi there! I strongly agree with you all. I submitted all my documents on 1st june 07 and Hp redemption cell seems to be reckless in handling everyone's case. I try to call the CSR they are hopeless.

MY SUGGESTION 'NEVER GO FOR A HP PRODUCT'!
A  20th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
And even more insidious behavior:

On all-in-one machines such as the OfficeJet 9110 the behavior when any one of the four cartridges is "out of date" the whole machine is crippled. That is you cannot fax, scan, or print with the unexpired cartridges.

This is punitive and aggressively anti-consumer.

If I ever think of buying another HP product I will consult a psychiatrist first!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree

Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company Logo Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company
Customer Care Service