Hp Officejet Pro 8500 / printer offline problems - product warranty not honored

1 CA, United States Review updated:

As of 10/6/10, it's been 18 days since I begun to use the device and I continue to get "Printer offline" messages. I have contacted HP's Tech Support innumerable times (Email and telephone) and they have failed to correct the problem. Based on several internet postings, this a known problem that has not been resolved by HP.

I have requested a replacement and HP has refused to honor their warranty because "the printer is working and the problem is software related" (Note: Product warranty includes software)

Comments

• Hp
      26th of Aug, 2010
    Hp Officejet Pro 8500 - bad customer service
    HP

The auto answer button keeps clicking off. So, the fax just rings and rings when someone calls. I spent a lot of time with customer service. They finally agree to replace it with a REFURBISHED unit and it will take 11 days to get here. Unless I PAY more for shipping or a care pack to return other crappily made products. So, they only want more money. And, the superviser, "SHANE" refused to give me any other identifying information. He said if he granted my request for them to pay for faster shipping "Millions of people would want it too." If millions of people need their HP products replaced, then HP should shut its doors of pay to fix all the products at no cost to the customer. And, customer service should be upfront about their name and work extension. What a wimp!

• Db
      3rd of Apr, 2011

The HP Officejet Pro 8500 has constant paper jams. Usually will require from 4 to 12 attempts just to print one page that is not torn or skewed, and even these have a dentation at the top of the page. This has been a problem since the printer was new and still continues. Printer stayed unopened for 4-5 months and when I tried to call HP customer service, there was no such number listed on their website. I finally found their number and despite my telling them the problem I had in reaching them (the store I bought it from, OfficeMax, did not have a customer service number either), HP refused to do anything about it, saying the warranty had expired---by 72 hours!!! I would never buy another HP again (this was my third one). OfficeMax store personnel told me that they have a very high return and failure rate on HP printers...about 10 to 1 over other brands like Lexmark. They also said that they do not even suggest a customer buy an HP...at least not where I live where there are two stores. I wish there were a class action lawsuit as many people have been victimized by HP poor quality and customer service and HP does not seem to care. Submitted by D. Boullemet at Laddersafe@Netzero.com

• Mi
      15th of Jun, 2011

Wow! All of these complaints sound rediculously similar to mine. While I found the call centers kind- 22 hours on the phone and 7 different people later ...HP 8500 sucks and the HP Product has deteriorated to a horrible money sucking/time consuming failure. I agree with the class action lawsuit - and an "I hate HP" Facebook page. That may be the only way to bring this to light. I have some friends going through the exact same thing- still seething about their non-working HP 8500- and would be happy to "like" that page!