HP / want a result

1 United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 07723 177345

The complaints manager at HP UK is a nasty piece of work called Paulette Hughlock

She hides behind staff and will not speak to customers, but here email is: [email protected]

Ch

Comments

7th of Jan, 2011

i got a compaq notebook, which hp have picked and fixwd 3 times and am still getting the same promlem,
    when i asked them i was happy with it and i wanted a replacement, they told me they cant do that, even doh it state it below, i have spent over 5 hours trying to tell them this but they are playing dum i need help can any give me advice plz

During the Limited Warranty Period, HP will, at its discretion, repair or replace any defective component. All
    component parts or hardware products removed under this Limited Warranty become the property of HP. In
    the unlikely event that your HP Hardware Product has recurring failures, HP, at its sole discretion, may elect
    to provide you with (a) a replacement unit of HP’s choosing that is the same or equivalent to your HP
    Hardware Product in performance or (b) to give you a refund of your purchase price or lease payments (less
    interest) instead of a replacement. This is your exclusive remedy for defective products.

• He
      29th of Jan, 2011

Join the club. Took me seven months, four "supervisors" (most of whom actually spoke english), three case numbers (they kept ceasing to exist somehow), countless hours on the phone, and several swearing rants before I got my laptop screen fixed. It showed up with and incredibly narrow viewing angle. If you were even the slightest bit high or low, you could not read most of the screen. I wish I had kept a log of all the time I wasted. I will NEVER buy ANYTHING from HP again unless I am buying it in order to smash it to bits.
    Compensation !! AHAHAHAHAHA " We do not use the word Compensation". I spent over $2100 for nothing but misery. At this point, I view the laptop as a nightmare waiting to get into gear again. If anything every goes wrong with it again, I am just going to mail it back to them.

31st of Jan, 2011

i had my touchsmart for 16 days before the motherboard went. it was collected from me by an incompetant courier 18 days ago. i have spent something in the region of a total of 5 hours on the phone to various [censor]s and monkeys during that 18 days, being lied to, laughed at, spoken to like an idiot, cut off - you name it, barring literally pissing on me they have ticked every single box of bad customer service and then some. and still they have no ETA on when this motherboard is coming in from some distant galaxy (it must be because it can't be earth). i'm throwing in the towel. as i've "owned" this thing now for just 34 days i am still within warranty for a total refund and therefore it is going back to the retailer. if i ever get it back...

31st of Jan, 2011

when i added the pic to my comment i didnt notice until too late that it went back to neutral...

just written an email to PH (31.01.11):

Judging by the way I've been treated by your incompetent staff the past 2 and a half weeks I am sure you won't be interested but here is just one of the many, many, many sites I found by a simple google search. One example, https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/hp-c75861.html?selcom=881862#c881862.

I bought a touchsmart just over a month ago. The box was opened 34 days ago (Christmas Day, to be precise). After 16 days the motherboard went (as I know understand must be a known fault to you, because it seems to be by the general public) and as of today's date, has been in your possession for 18 days.

When it finally, if ever, comes back, it is going straight back to the retailer for a full refund. I will never buy anything HP again. I will go to great lengths to warn others before they befall a similar fate. Sure, their PC might not develop the same fault, who can say, but god forbid, I would not want my worst enemy to have to risk dealing with HP customer service.

Have some self respect. Google your name and see what comes up. Have a stiff drink at hand, you'll need it. Unless of course, you are proud of the company and department you represent.

Yours faithfully, but totally and completely unloyaly

• Ha
      13th of Feb, 2011
    HP - $$$ Duplicate charges
    Washington

After spending time with HP support regarding a computer (out of warranty by days) I am sending in for repair I checked the charges on my banking info. They had charged me twice. I phoned them, spent over an hour and got nowhere. I called my bank who can't do anything unless HP is also on the phone to say it was an error and to refund it. $350.00 may not be much for some, but the double charge and HP doing nothing to correct the error today only cements my resolve to never purchase HP products again. BEWARE

15th of Feb, 2011
    HP - Product

Today is Feb 15, 2011 - Purchased a HP Pavilion PC Oct 2009 and within the warranty period it has gone through 2 motherboards. The computer again began to freeze with a blue screen. I contacted HP support and the tech I was assigned would not assist me unless I purchased a $100.00 1 yr warranty extension. I don't even know why I bothered to inform them the PC is on its third motherboard and HP needs to step up and take care of the problem. The tech's response was if you purchase the extended warranty which will cover HP's Tech Support we can begin to diagnose the problem. TERIBBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! TERIBBLE PRODUCT!!! I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER HP PRODUCT...looks like I will be purchasing MAC's from now on!!!

• Oc
      20th of Feb, 2011
    HP - Computador Pavillion
    Brazil

Em dezembro de 2010 coloquei um Desktop da HP, que estava na garantia, para conserto. Até hoje ( 19 de fevereiro de 2011) não obtive nenhuma informação, tive que ligar a duas semanas atrás e me disseram para aguardar mais 20 dias úteis. CONCLUSÃO: NUNCA MAIS VOU COMPRAR UM PRODUTO HP!!! Nem com 10 anos de garantia. A falta de respeito com o cliente é uma marca registrada nos dias de hoje. LAMENTAVELMENTE A MARCA QUE ASSOCIO A HP.

• Pd
      9th of Mar, 2011
    HP - Non functioning of the Laptop
    Individual
    India

We have purchased the HP Compaq Presario CQ42-176TU notebook having S.No. CHF0131YGC in last week of May 2010 from Vijay Sales Borivali (W). The laptop started giving problem from Nov.2010 and stopped functioning from Dec.2010. There was no support from the dealer M/S Vijay Sales. We have given the laptop three times to HP authorised service centre at the Dadar (W). It is noticed that they repairs the laptop and ask us to collect. But we noticed that after the collection, within few days again it stopped functioning. This is already happened three times. We have requested the company for replacement with extended guarantee and damages charges but even after repeated emails there is no positive response. The company refused to replace the defective laptop. We spent lot of time and money for travelling and settlement of the matter. In addition we are not able to use laptop since last three months eventhough we paid full amount.

• Ju
      15th of Mar, 2011
    HP - Nothing, but problems, stay away
    HP

Since buying the computer I have had many software problems with the software that was supplied with the computer. The software is also HP -- not a third party.

If you get in touch with an HP tech and can understand them, you find they are unqualified. Generally they will do VERY BASIC fixes then ask you to do a full system restore wiping out many programs and files stored on your computer. After doing this 2, 10, or 20 times and if you still have a problem, it is considered a software problem that IS NOT COVERED in the 1 year 24/7 tech support.

That is the case even if there is no third party software installed and it is clearly an HP software program that is in question.

HP then will ask for $59.99 for 1 hour to talk to an HP software tech (i.e. a real tech) even though your product is clearly covered in the printed warranty. They claim there may be a refund option if it is an HP software defect, but will not guarantee it.

If this was known up front I would have never bought it. Talk about bait and switch.

The bottom line seems to be HP's 24/7 support only qualifies for hardware related issues as stated by HP. If it is software-related, there is a charge of $59.99 an hour even if it is HP supplied software with no 3rd party software added.

I have set the wheels in motion for a class action lawsuit on warranty fraud. Beware... Boycott HP!

• Mi
      21st of Mar, 2011
    HP - I never go for any HP products because of their irresponsible attitude towards the customer and making a fool of the customer
    HP

I bought an HP LJ 1000 printer and from the start the printer shows error that if we give 10 pages print after the first 3-4 pages the print gets faded one by one and at last comes blank sheet.

I talked to the HP service center about this error and for the last whole 5 months am running behind this problem.

Still the error continues. I never expected such an irresponsible attitude towards a customer from a company like HP. Now am planning to move legally against the HP and they forced me to think about another brand laser printer.

Also, I never go for any HP products because of their irresponsible attitude towards the customer and making a fool of the customer.

They gave me advice including changing our computer which is connected to the printer, change the toner cartridge, change the paper, change the power supply, and so on. I have been in the computer industry for the last 12 years.

25th of Mar, 2011

I purchased a Pavillion Desk top just over a year ago. After 6 months of useage, I began having trouble connecting to the internet. After 12 hours of dealing with tech support (which is a joke) I was told they had to send out a tech. This was a $45.00 charge and resulted in no help whatsoever. Called tech support back and had to return to factory to replace mother board. After receiving back and about 2 months later, same problem. Called tech support, had me walk through a ton of steps and they ended up crashing my computer and destroying operating system. Had to order recovery discs ($29.00) and when they arrived they were incorrect. Had to call tech support again and they resent recovery discs. After maybe 6 days of warranty expiration, no internet connection (same problem have had since 6 months after purchase). Asked why they could not provide me with a new computer considering all the trouble I have had and was told not possible and now no warranty. BEWARE OF HP. I would never recommend their products to anyone. These people are thiefs and somehow they should be stopped.

• Rk
      3rd of Jul, 2011
    HP - display monitor not working
    hp
    India

i had purchased a hp pavilion dv6000 series laptop in 2009 . warranty over.but now i have a very serious problem with that .the display of my laptop not working a black screen only.all the lights working but screen completely black.when i connect my laptop with some another external display .display is working.when i try to search solution of this problem on net.i found many of user of this series affecting with same problem...this is my first experience with hp it is very bad...i really want to say no to hp...i want that hp solve my problem at free of cost and ensure me that the problem not repeat in future ...please help me out if i will pay a lot for this problem its very expensive laptop for me...and no buddy believe on hp services
    Product number (P/N): kb177pa#acj

Serial number (S/N): cnf804175k..if the product of hp failure in 2 year after purchase means hp is not reliable so think before to purchase

• Pe
      12th of Jul, 2011

HP bunch of IDIOTS, repair centre a JOKE all in all H ighly P athetic
    I took the trouble to write down the problem i was having Screen goes blank for about 5 seconds ! there comment on the repair form was "replace main board NO POST" UUUM
    another time same fault the comment was "replace cpu overheating"
    each time i got it back the fault was still there or worse!!

• Sh
      19th of Jul, 2011

I have a hp LaserJet that developed a fault it was out of warranty so paid for a repair £500 its now 4 months down the line and 2 engineer’s later still have not resolved the problem which is a broken cog...there customer support is a joke.

21st of Jul, 2011

I have a HP laptop which has been repaired for faulty screen once and now the thing over heats and the vga output burnt my daughters legs through the over heating problem. its been 6 weeks now and HP have been soooo rude and i am appaulled at the way we have treated i am still awaiting a phone call from their legal department as their product is lethal i am seeking legal action against HP as my laptop is under warranty but they do not honour their warranties and obviously their products are a sham as my laptop is the biggest load of crap ever called a laptop. I was told by hp that my laptop should be place on a desk which is well ventilated as the machine is not for sitting on your ' LAP ' so why is it called a LAPTOP!!!
    I cannot see hp responding back to myself now as i sent photos of the burn mark on my daughters legs in the shape of their vga output port on the side of the laptop. Everyone should contact trading standards to have this company brought to account for its actions

• Sh
      3rd of Aug, 2011

BEWARE of recent promotion from HP (Hewlett Packard). Currently there is promotion called KUNG FU PANDA for certain computers is going on. Sadto say that i get our supplier to order through online for the HP OMNI 100-6110d PC (20") as per advertised in HP website. Our supplier make the order and send me the confirmation, while i going through the confirmation i realised the Spec shown at confirmation is not the same as advertised in their web while the order been place. Immediately i called their customer service and a guy, who does not know courtesy keep arguing with me saying that he can't do anything for that, either i get what as it is or cancel my order and he will charge me the cancellation fees. I asked him to get his manager on line to speak with me yet he did not want to compy at all. Somehow my supplier put up a official complaint to the manager and till today, already 3 days no one call or reply our email. I thought the customer service support guy was terrible, now even confirmed that the whole department is worst. I'm really surprise that HP Malaysia does not have a complaint forum. Now i know why my friends told me to get ACER simply because their service centre is everywhere and i can direct go to the centre. I will just wait for another 2 days, if there's no reply from HP i'm going to complain in the PRESS so to let everyone know be careful of all this promotion from HP because company like HP can do this. OMG.

• Fa
      21st of Aug, 2011
    HP - Bad tech support & customer service
    Hewlett-Packard
    11445 Compaq Center Drive W.
    Houston
    Texas
    hp.com

I had trouble with my C5280 printer...lights flashing, won't work at all.
    I went to the on-iline support. I knew my product was out of warranty, so I paid $20 for tech support only for them to IMMEDIATElY tell me that I had a fatal error and the printer couldn't be fixed. They promptly suggested I buy a new HP printer with all the latest bells and whistles.

They new before thay processed my payment that they could't fix my printer and only after painstakingly trying to understand the Indian support member so HP could could charge me did his English instantly get much clearer.

HP Tech support is a SCAM. If you're not buying a HP laser printer STAY AWAY FROM HP Products. They don't work, they come with all kinds of crappy software that slows down your system and to top it off they'll lie to your face (or in this case over the phone all the way from India).

Another dissappointment of an once great American company gone down the drain. I'm sure the founders are turning in their graves.

• Ro
      8th of Sep, 2011

I have HP 4580 all in one printer. The HP74 ink cartridge is not identifying. No customer support is available in Sri Lanka. The re seller rude to the point of annoyance. I was told that since I opened the package, they could not accept it for testing. How the hell am i supposed to install a cartridge with the packing intact, i do not know. I am throwing this stupid printer out and buying a Toshiba. I will not any known party buy any HP product. regards

Rohan

• Do
      8th of Sep, 2011
    HP - They are a Ripoff
    Fry's Electronics
    Indiana

Bought a laptop for $500 and in 1 week it developed an internal crack in the screen. The laptop was not physically damaged in anyway per inspection and has no other damage at all. This was an HP refurb which the sales guy said was better than not a refurb because they really go through them when they catch a problem at the factory. Obviously the lied and really don't know what they are selling. Anyway they claim the damage is on me and screwed me for $500. Beware of Frys's they conned me so save your money.