Hotwire.com / unauthorized charges

I purchased three tickets from hotwire. They debited my account for the amount of the tickets which was held by them. Then they went into my account and subtracted the amount of the tickets individually. So I was charged $159 three times while they still have the $477 held for these tickets. Three days later I call them and ask why do they still have a hold on the money for the tickets. They said it was a error and they said they would release the funds. In the meantime I have checks that have been returned and have been charged overdraft fees. I contact them and they tell me that they can not refund me the money even though they are at fault for holding the money aside and then going in and taking the money out. I want them to be held accountable for their mistakes.

Ze

Comments

Ta
  18th of Feb, 2009

My family and I booked a flight to Punta Cana, D.R. Hotwire held 1723.00 on my H&R Block income tax refund card that I booked the flights on. It has been 5 days since we've booked the flights and I have called and complained every single day! It seemes that every person I talk to had a different explanation of why it was still on my card when the airline has already charged my card individual seats. So basically I got charged twice.I had to call the bank that issued my refund card and hotwire.com has to send them a fax stating that it was only a hold so they could take it off of my card meanwhile... My car payments are over due and checks are bouncing!!! I will never use hotwire.com again and informed my travel agent to warn others of the double charge "policy".Bottom line is if they do not return my money to my card I will report it as a fraudulant charge. Please dont use hotwire.com try orbitz.com I have used them before and never had any problems.