Hotwire / customer sevice and business

Stockton, CA, United States Review updated:
A friend of mines booked a trip for me and two other friends to newyork city with hotel reservations too. she received an email confirming that everything was confirmed. we went to the airport to check in and everything was fine at that point but once we got to our destination, our hotel, we went to check in and found out that there were no reservations for us! what were we suppose to do in new york city when its late and pouring rain outside! when we contacted HOTWIRE, they said they couldnt help us. that the office was closed! we had no choice but to pay for 4 nights all over again! HOTWIRE says that she was being refunded back and 3 weeks later she still hasnt received anything. after that we went on to the enjoy the rest of our trip even though that happened... right when we thought that was the end of our worries, we encountered another problem! as we left our hotel to go to the airport to check in, we were told that we did not have tickets for our returning flight back home! so there for no hotel, no flight back home, and no customer service from HOTWIRE. What type of business would allow this to happen? why would they still give us a one way flight if there wasnt going to be a flight back home? or even a place to stay at? i am honestly disappointed with their service! this was my first time dealing with them and this will definitely be the last! horrible communication. no phone calls or emails regarding this whole problem! this is absolutely ridiculous!

Comments

Ba
  31st of Dec, 2008
If you have all your documentation, I would certainly take them to small claims court.
Kj
  5th of Jan, 2009
I would not use Hotwire.com again for anything less than a 3star hotel. Their rating system is a bit agressive meaning they rate hotels higher than most other places such as AAA. I reserved a 2.5 star hotel from hotwire.com and ended up getting a LaQuinta Inn when Holiday Inn Express was listed as one of the possible hotels I could have gotten. The price I paid on Hotwire.com was more than what I would have paid if I would have used my AAA discount on the LaQuinta Inn web site.
I will not use Hotwire.com again for anything less than a 3star or 4star hotel that is very cheap and I will think twice about using them again at all.

Hotwire Logo Hotwire