Hotwire / hotel reservations

1 Columbia, SC, United States Review updated:

on 11/10/16, i was travelling and booked a room but realized 10 minutes later that it was the complete opposite direction of where we were traveling.. So I called the hotel directly and cancelled the reservation and they told me I had to call Hotwire. I'll call Hotwire who then told me that they could not refund my money because the hotel the night they refund it was my penalty for canceling even though the website stated there were no cancellation penalties. On November 13th 2016 I again called Hotwire who put me through to someone else who told me that they were issuing a refund and I could expect it in 5 business days.. I believe the name of the CSR that I spoke with from Hotwire was Carl.. Today is the 21st and I have not had a refund yet. When I called the hotel the second time they said that it was up to hotwire to refund my money. I am extremely upset with your company and want to know when I will get my refund

Le
Nov 21, 2016

Comments

• Wi
      21st of Nov, 2016

You booked through Hotwire therefore you need to deal with them. Did the booking say that the booking was non-refundable? Most of the time they are since they are so cheap.

• Cu
      23rd of Nov, 2016

Give them some time to complete the refund, maybe some one there has made a mistake and need to fix it. You know people make mistakes like booking hotels the complete opposite direction.