Hotwire / Dollar Rent A Car / car rental
We used Hotwire to book our car rental through Dollar Rental in Orlando, FL. We were to pick the car up at their Universal Blvd location the evening of 02/11/2009. We were told while booking they would hold the car for 24 hours.
We called to let them know our flight was late and we would not be able to pick it up in the morning. We were told there would be an additional $300 charge for the car. We were told that the 24 hour hold was through Hotwire only and not honored by Dollar.
Had we been told this up front we would never have booked with either company. An additional $300 was not in our budget and we would up cancelling the reservation.
We wound up spending more than we had planned on another car rental and cabs. This really put a damper on our vacation.
I don't see how waiting to pick a car up by 8 hours would increase the price by $300.Both Hotwire and Dollar were unapologetic and offered no help at all. I feel since we were told we had 24 hours to pick up the car we should have had 24 hours whether with Dollar or another company or been reimbursed the difference.
I will never use either again and plan on giving a bad referral to everyone I know.
More Hotwire / Dollar Rent A Car Complaints & Reviews
- Hotwire.com - hotwire bad policy! 
- Hotwire Communications - terrible service 
- Hotwire - hotwire refuses to cancel 3hr old reservation. 
- Hotwire Cable Company - unwanted service and being charged for it 
- Hotwire.com - fraud 
- Hotwire - Service in Fairview Heights, IL
- Hotwire - charged for hotel stay that I did not stay 
- Hotwire - hotel comfort inn, monterey airport reservation# 6995312650
- Hotwire - hotel stay 
- Hotwire - hotel reservation