Hotwire / Dollar Rent A Car / car rental

We used Hotwire to book our car rental through Dollar Rental in Orlando, FL. We were to pick the car up at their Universal Blvd location the evening of 02/11/2009. We were told while booking they would hold the car for 24 hours.

We called to let them know our flight was late and we would not be able to pick it up in the morning. We were told there would be an additional $300 charge for the car. We were told that the 24 hour hold was through Hotwire only and not honored by Dollar.

Had we been told this up front we would never have booked with either company. An additional $300 was not in our budget and we would up cancelling the reservation.

We wound up spending more than we had planned on another car rental and cabs. This really put a damper on our vacation.

I don't see how waiting to pick a car up by 8 hours would increase the price by $300.Both Hotwire and Dollar were unapologetic and offered no help at all. I feel since we were told we had 24 hours to pick up the car we should have had 24 hours whether with Dollar or another company or been reimbursed the difference.
I will never use either again and plan on giving a bad referral to everyone I know.

Tr

Comments

• Ut
      5th of Mar, 2009

I recently rented from Dollar at Love Field in Dallas. I paid for a toll tag and the toll tag did not work. I pulled up to a toll tag booth and the gate would not open. There were ten cars behind me. I was trapped and the other drivers were mad. I complained to Dollar and they would not refund the amount I paid for the toll tag. Unbelievable.