Hotels.com / bad service

Weatherford, TX, United States Review updated:

Last weekend, a few of my friends and myself drove to San Antonio (from Fort Worth) to have a nice, relaxing girl's weekend. When we arrived at the Hilton where I had made a reservation using the hotels.com website, I was informed they had no room booked under my name, which I found extremely surprising, considering I received an email from hotels.com specifically saying "Your reservation has been booked!" I then spent 30 minutes on the phone with a hotels.com representative who for some reason could not understand the booking number I gave him a million times and tried to tell me my reservation was for September something in Denver! He even called me a different name, even though I informed him who I was several times. When he was finally able to figure out our booking information, it took another 30 minutes for him to contact the Hilton--where supposedly we already had a reservation--to book us a room! I find this incredibly absurd. Rest assured, neither my friends who accompanied me on this trip nor myself will ever trust hotels.com for hotel booking purposes, as our "relaxing" weekend ended up starting with a stressful battle between incompetent customer service personnel and our hotel. In our opinion, hotels.com has a very flawed way of conducting business. We didn't even save any money!

Next time, I'm booking straight through the hotel... same price, really, and much better service!!
Va

Comments

Va
  8th of Oct, 2008
I took part in the summer get away promotion through Hotels.com where if you book a two night stay and complete it by sometime in September you will recieve a $50 gas card within 30 days of completion of your stay. Well I did and (promo code gas50) and completed my stay on July 20th and have yet to receive my gas card. I have called and they keep saying it has gone out. I called 09/02/08, 09/09/08, and 09/16/08.

Hotels.com Logo Hotels.com