Hotels.com / wrong room booked

1 Fargo, ND, United States Review updated:

I made a reservation through hotels.com for a king non-smoking room and when I arrive at the hotel I get a queen smoking. The hotel is completely booked and i can not get a different room.
According to the hotel that was how the reservation was sent over but when I called hotels.com the blame it on the hotel.
Go figure...
Anyway i would not use hotels.com to book a room instead call the hotel directly to get your room reserved this will save the finger pointing.
I am very fustrated and will not use hotels.com again...

Comments

• Ha
      24th of Aug, 2009

I had a similar problem with a room booked through priceline.com. We booked a room, flight and car rental to Texas. The very same afternoon, I got a call from my son stating all visiting, schools etc. were canceled due to the number of Swine flu cases in the area. I immediately called to cancel and was given a runaround by both the priceline and the hotel. Each blamed the other for not allowing the cancellation. The only one that didn't give me a hard time was the car rental. I finally got the refund to my card but only after many phone calls and many hours of arguments. Never again, call direct from now on.