Hotels.com / econolodge traverse city michigan

Hello,

I am contacting you regarding an issue that we had this evening at the Econo Lodge in Grawn Michigan. My daughter had an ice skating event this weekend in Traverse City and we decided to book on hotels.com. The hotel was advertised in Traverse City close to the stores and entertainment. My daughter is a competitive athlete in the Eastern States, so we were excited to find a great deal and price with a nice close distance from everyone and everything. When we arrived I was confused, because the advertised location was in Traverse City. Also, a young man was smoking at the front door when we arrived and there were several men, around the hotel smoking, which was a little uncomfortable due to my daughter being so young. When asked about the location issue (not located in Traverse City) the young lady at the front desk advised that this Econo Lodge was "right down the street" from the location that was advertised on hotel.com. I asked her if other people had issues regarding the location and she stated that they have. I advised that we were told that the location was in Traverse City and we would be happy to move to another hotel owned by "choice hotels" in the Traverse City area. We even stated we would pay more for a closer hotel to my daughters competition. She stated that she was unable to accommodate this because we had booked with hotel.com. She said we would have to pay the full cost. I asked for a refund for the second day and she said she could not do this, because hotel.com would not let her (we later called hotel.com and Choice hotels and they both told us that it was up to the individual manager). We then went into the room, because we were afraid we would not find another hotel so late, and when we entered the room we found the bed had cigarette ashes on it and the room and hotel smelled like cigarette smoke. We went to the front desk and told the young lady at the desk that we were disappointed that she would not reimburse us, but we were checking out (we were only there for approx. 30 minutes) and asked her to please make note that hotel.com falsely advertised her hotel in a location that was very obviously not in Traverse City and that the hotel bed did have cigarette ashes and smelled significantly of cigarette smoke. We then left and had to pay large amounts for another hotel during a busy weekend and competition, which we would have been happy to do with another choice hotel. We advised the lady at the desk if she could transfer us to another choice hotel and transfer the amount we had paid for the one at her location we would gladly pay the difference (this would have pocketed choice hotels with an additional 200-300 dollars. We, also, told the man on the choice hotel 1-800 number that we would do this too.) Both advised they could not do this because it was hotel.com. Hotel.com advised us that they could not do anything because it was not up to them.

We were very disappointed. I wanted to let you know of our experience with this particular hotel and their customer service. It seemed like each person blamed the other for the inability to solve the problem.

Da
Jun 07, 2018

Comments

• Ry
      Jun 11, 2018

Contact hotels.com and fix the problem. You just look foolish demanding that the problem be addressed her on a website that has nothing to do with the low end budget hotel you booked.