Hotels.com / never again!

I made a reservation in Seattle at the Red Lion Hotel on the 13th with HOTELS.COM on Dec. for the 31st. A few minutes later I discovered I had the wrong date as it should have been the 30th. I re-entered the information and made the change. Upon my chagrin I was billed for two nights. There policy states that if a change is made you are billed for two nights. What kind of policy is this?? I had to pay double for one mistake that took less than 5 minutes to change. I travel a lot. I WILL NEVER USE THESE BURGLERS AGAIN. It was my first and last. Learned my lesson.

Va

Comments

• Da
      18th of Mar, 2008

Hotels.com is a rip-off, DO NOT USE!, When I went to get quotes from the hotel, they told us a rate of 64.99, we called hotels.com to get a cheaper rate. They quoted us 60.00 flat rate + tax, so I accepted that rate and setup my reservations. I booked the room for 3 days, which should have been around 65.00 per night which figures to be 195.00 for the three nights. On last day of my stay, when I checked my account they had withdrew 235.00. They charged me instead of 60.00 per night 71.65 per night (which is more than the state tax required). I also notice they charged an additional charge of 19.74 for an extra guest, (but it was only for two people which is the rate they gave me of 60.00 for the two of us). I then called customer service to discuss this and they told me it was a charge of tax and service charge that the hotel charged,and those charges didn't have anything to do with them. When I went to discuss it with the hotel, they said they couldn't discuss the bill because I went thru hotels.com that I would have to take that up with them. After the run-around, I called hotels.com back and they said once again that Extended Stay America had charged tax and service charge. So I didnt get anything resolved with them after going back and forth from the hotel to hotels.com, so I will never ever use them again, the prices that the hotel gives you in the end will be a better price. I don't put any of the blame on "Extended Stay America" because I didn't go thru them but thru hotels.com. My stay at the room was good, I didn't have any problems with the stay, except that I had to pay 5.00 more to use their internet and the tv only went to channel 30 which was more news channels, so I had to go rent movies, other than that the stay was good.