Horizon Gold / company refuses to cancel card. slandered by one of the employees

3214 Wandering Lane, Owensboro, KY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 270-313-6195

I applied for what I thought was a visa or mastercard. After receiving the card from horizon, I realized it wasn't an ordinary credit card that could be used anywhere and everywhere. I was charged $89 for something that is worthless to me. I've made two attempts to terminate the card, but horizon refuses to do it. My last attempt I made, the women I was speaking with became smart with me and outright called me ignorant. I want to cancel the card and have all money they withdrew from my bank account returned. Also, if horizon keeps any records of communication from clients, i'd like for them to terminate the woman who slandered me. Thank you

Comments

• Je
      11th of Sep, 2007
    Horizon Gold - Rude employee

I applied for this card and they were asking for my cc number but on my cc there was not enough money to cover the charge so i thought i canceled it. All of a sudden whatever was left on my cc they charged w/o my permission. Real shady... so i called and i asked for a refund and the employee that helped me was very rude.. She didn't wanna refund my money and was giving me an attitude because i wanted the refund..... In the end i just bluntly told her i wanted my money back and thats it..... it was 8 / 31 /07... I made the call for refund.... she said t will be credited in my credit card in 72 hours. I waited until9/7/07 still no refund... I called them back and guess what happen,, that lady did not process my refund.how rude...so now they told me i have to wait another 72 hours.. its 9/11/07 still no refund, tried calling their number it says circuit busy... i don't like this company all i want is my money back. I don't have extra money to be throwing away in some silly company.

• Eb
      21st of Sep, 2007
    Horizon Gold - Big scam!

I purchased a horizon gold (so called credit card) only to find that it was not a real credit card (Visa or Master). This is a fake card allowing you to only shop at horizons shabby online site. I've had this fake card since may of 2017. Never have I used it. When I purchased the card I was under the impression that I was getting a REAL credit card as I was planning to go on vacation in August. Between May and August I lost my mother so was real unable to concentrate on this. Today September 21 I went online to the horizon website and found many complaints. i called their office and the first two times could not get through. Finally on the third try someone named Andre answered and told me that it was stated in the second paragraph that this was not a Visa or Mastercard. Throughout the conversation I could hear him laughing in the back with someone. I informed him that I would be contacting the BBB. If you have been scammed by horizon gold please post a complaint and let others know about this so called credit card company.

• Za
      5th of Nov, 2007
    Horizon Gold - Just cancel it!

After I got my cup of coffee and went to the post box... I just received my card and logged in to the site. Much of the product on the site I could get at a dollar store! I began to read and found this message board site that I am posting to. I called in to cancel and the rep picked up in about 3 to 4 rings. I told him to please record the conversation and I began to request my cancellation. Of course he informed me to the fact that he could not cancel a card and he asked me to hold for a supervisor. To my surprise, I was only on hold about 2 minutes! I was courteous and professional to both reps and the super tried to convince me to stay on board by raising my unsecured line of credit to 1000 dollars and she would refund part of my "initiation" fee. I thanked her, again being nice and professional, and she tried to hard close me to the offer she had just made. I thanked her and I repeated my request for immediate cancellation and she agreed. She gave me a confirm number and informed me that I would get a refund of $69 w in 24 to 72 hours. I hope this is the case. I guess due diligence will prevail on my part in the future regarding trying to rebuild my credit. READ EVERY WORD OF EVERY APPLICATION! I will be relieved to get 69 of my 89 dollars back. How does one repair and rebuild credit? Someone please advise me on this! It is a struggle and I cannot afford too many of these companies! Good luck and remember that being stern and professional will get things done. (Hopefully).

Best Luck,
    ZW.

• Gw
      18th of Dec, 2007

I would like to here from someone that got their entire gee refunded.
    I am not satisfied by only getting my total minus so bucks.

15th of Jan, 2008

I want to cancel please call me at 308-279-0509.

• Ga
      26th of Feb, 2008

My wife receive this horizon gold card in the mail last night. Since im a goggle freak i googled horizon gold fraud just to c who these people really are and if there has been any complaint against them needless to say i came upon this website. There's too much complaint against them so i ripped it up for her. I did a little research on them and this is for the people who have ben scam, here goes. Horizon gold address is 1707 Warren Road Indiana, PA 15701 US. Guess who also resides at this address too, Reliant Holdings Guess who owns horizon gold www.reliantholdings.com and there phone #7244656075 this website was created on 12-Apr-2017 the email associated with the website is [protected]@reliantholdings.com www.thehorizonoutlet.com Record created on 03-Feb-2017. they havent been in the bussiness long enough in my opinion

• Ga
      26th of Feb, 2008

• Ea
      29th of Feb, 2008

To whom it may concern WOW!!!!!!! THANK!! you all for your posting your complaints about this card horizon gold I just received one in the mail,first of all I am a very personal person when I looked at the card I wonder why they would expose so much information without a cover letter,second why would they offer me a $500.00 free,when I went to the site,I could not get the information I need to believe this , beside I did not see the trusted green check mark at the bottom of the page that says secure,and no (FDAC)then I look up goolge website,and there you were ,all of you kind people reportThanks for your complaints, it was the second eye opening to stop me.sorry for what happen to you,tell JESUS ON THEM,THAT PEOPLE THAT ARE IN AUTHORITY WILL FIGHT YOU BATTLE IN JESUS NAME

• De
      8th of Mar, 2008
    Horizon Gold - Charges after closing acct!
    Horizon Gold

I opened acct in aug of 2017, also i believed that it would improve my credit and all it did was mess it all up charges have continued to be debt from my acct after i called and canceled it. Also a cr was promised for 2 months, which it never happened. In turn they debt the next mo again. of 14.95. In my opinion they stole from my acct. They deducted without authorization and the site in which it was obtained on was aol, AND YOU CANT GET TO THE SITE AT ALL. Unless you use another search engine. The employee you get when calling are rude and not willing to take a complaint or even get to a manager to help, unless you get real pushy. Even then they still didn't cancel my acct as instructed. and they do not report to all three credit agencies as stated when opened in aug 2017. I could not even access any reports with scores. I told them i was going to report then to attorney general and to the better business bureau. And yet still they did nothing but keep on billing, debt from my acct. I could stop authorization from my bank but it will cost me 25.00 to do so so why should i pay for it. and having the card did not raise my score, but it lowered it w/ third party inquiries. Where should i go for correction and benefits due at least a report to the cr AGENCIES all three since aug 2017 or a refund of all monies due to not being to access my acct or receive reports.

• Kr
      24th of Mar, 2008

Comments

27 days ago by Gary [send email]

• Kr
      24th of Mar, 2008

Comments

27 days ago by Gary [send email]

22nd of May, 2008

I got online thinking it was an actual credit card and when i found out they were gonna charge my acct $90 i canceled the page. Well i look at my bank report and it shows they took it out and caused my acct to go into over draft and charge a $20 fee. I called the bank, they told me to call them and i did and they said they would only give me a $30 refund so i asked if i could talk to someone hirer than them and she said hold on and came back and said ok i can refund your full amount. Dont trust these people. Dont accept there credit card. They dont report to credit berueas and you cannot access to see your credit score.

• Pe
      9th of Nov, 2008
    Horizon Gold - I thought it was ceridt card
    417 Leoy Ave
    Newburgh
    New York
    Phone: 8455357694

They say there giving you a visa or master card and you get a card to shop at there outlet that has nothing you want and is junk. I`am out raged to be lies to and this is why you don`t get cards.

• Br
      4th of Dec, 2008

All of these complaints are stupid, from people to dumb to take a couple minutes to read about something before they give their credit info and ssn, the card is to help build your credit and can assist you very well, but some stupid people who cant get cards with other companies, fly threw the app, praying they get the card, and blow the creditline and never pay it back, if they would take 30 secs to read they would see how the card works, idiots.

• Jj
      9th of Apr, 2009

RIP OFF RIP OFF RIP OFF!!!

• Ge
      8th of Aug, 2009

I FULLY AGREE. I ordered this card, to have emergency funds because i travel a lot and was going to use this for gas. Instead it still hasn't been mailed to me and then i find out that this isn't even a credit card!!!

• Hr
      7th of Jul, 2010
    Horizon Gold - Charged account 5 times
    [protected]@gmail.com
    North Carolina

Horizon Gold offered me a $500 credit limit, no credit check, just $24.95 a month, with an initial fee of 5.00. I just payed the "one time fee" tonight. Unfortunatly, when they processed my payment, they kept saying the billing zip code didnt match. I knew it matched but, for some dumb reason I kept pressing try again. They charged my bank account 5 times for $29, 95 tonight. I cannot call the bank or Horizon Gold because it is after hours. That is $145 down the drain. If anyone can offer me any advice..please do. I dont even know how to go about cancelling the "membership" or whatever scam this is. PLEASE HELP!!

• El
      12th of Jul, 2010
    Horizon Gold - Can't cancel
    Horizon Card Services

Never used it and i dont like anything .. I want to stop them to take my bank every month.. bec i want to cancel it and threw my credit card from Horizon Gold Credit Card.. Help me to cancel it

• 55
      21st of Sep, 2010
    Horizon Gold - Misleading Ripoff!!!!!
    Texas

The way this company slings out misleading ### to suck you in, having you believe you are recieving an actual unsecured credit card that you can use anywhere for anything should be AGAINST THE LAW!!! There must be legal action that can be taken for this type of scam, because there was no fine print that sometimes gets missed which is the loophole for these type of ripoff companies. Their outlet has nothing but cheap junk thats worth nothing, and its doubtful this scam rebuilds your credit, or is even reported to credit bereaus. Oh, And the robots they have reading you a line rehearsed ### when you call to complain should be ashamed of themselves...WALK AWAY FROM THIS LYING, SCAMMING, ###!!!...I'm cancelling right away, and want the $29.95 processing fee reimbursed to my account asap...and they had better not even try to debit my account again or there will be legal action taken!!! Anyone else with me??

• Wa
      18th of Nov, 2010

A few months ago I called Horizon because my husband and I were thinking it was a master card/visa, we waited a week and when it finally arrived we could'nt use it only in their website, aslo my husband was charged 3 times 29.95 and when we called Horizon they were blaming that it was the bank when we knew that it was them. I immediately called and stated want my account cancelled the lady was rude and was trying in every way to keep me with them by saying that my credit was not good and that this card was the only one to count on. DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT THEY SAY...PLUS THEY ONLY SELL TRASH, PRODUCTS BACK FROM THE 1970"S.

• Km
      10th of Feb, 2011

After a 15 minute phone conversation with a customer service rep, she told me she wasn't authorized to cancel my card and got a supervisor on that could. After another 10 minute conversation and an offer to increase my credit limit from $500 to $2, 000 and many other bogus offers of cash advances, laptops, credit rebuilding law firms etc., she finally agreed to cancel my card and I just received notification that the $29.95 charged to my account will be refunded within 72 hours. You really have to be stern with people like this and this reporting blog is one way to let people know who might think this is a regular credit card that is definitely IS NOT A VISA OR MASTERCARD!

• Cl
      4th of May, 2011

actually you really should of read the agreement fully..it says in big bold letters " HORIZON CARD SERVICES™ IS NOT A CREDIT SERVICES ORGANIZATION, BANKING INSTITUTION OR INSURANCE COMPANY, NOR IS IT AFFILIATED WITH ANY CREDIT SERVICES ORGANIZATION, BANKING OR INSURANCE INSTITUTION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT A VISA, MASTERCARD, OR DEBIT CARD. HORIZON CARD SERVICES ACCOUNT IS A LINE OF CREDIT THAT CAN BE USED BY AN ACCOUNT HOLDER TO SHOP EXCLUSIVELY AT OUR ONLINE SHOPPING WEBSITE."

The complaints really kept me from them though.so thats good.

• Fr
      15th of May, 2011

I just applied for the Horizon Gold Card and that was
    a big mistake.I wish I had of read the reviews first
    before submitting Bank Account info.That can all
    be remedied.I will change my account number.I will
    never apply for a credit card online again.Imagine
    what a suprise these crocks will get when they go
    into my Account.They will either see limited funds
    or cant get into the Account.No more applying for
    cards online.This company first Net should be
    ashamed of themselves taking advantage of people
    with their crocked affiliate Horizon Gold.

• Ks
      6th of Nov, 2011

Thanks for warning me, Fraud is against the law and this company should be reported and looked into. ###en ###, taking advantage of people in a bad economy. Who ever heads the company needs to be prosecutor like all the other criminals that are running scams and takingpeoples money. ### holes with no conscious.

• Dr
      6th of Dec, 2013

I just got this horizon card and wish I would have read the reviews first I'm cancelling it I had no idea it was a ripoff

• Ro
      15th of Mar, 2014

Thank you.. I almost fell for this misrepresented bull. My mind said check these people out before you do anything.. Thank you for your advise..I will never go near them must less give them any of my financial information.