Hooters / ### manager

1 Panama City, FL, United States Review updated:

I went to Hooters at the Panama City location across from the Navy Base; and our waitress was great; but the manager sucked.
we wanted to watch the Dallas/Colts game (Dec 5th) and the audio on the whole place was Atlanta/Tampa, so when we asked the waitress if they could lower the volume or cut the speaker above our table we were told that the only thing they could do was raise the volume on the TV in front of us, we still could not hear the Dallas game. So I went to see the manager and told him to cancel our order or else we were going to Buffalo's Wild Wing to see the game, he didn't acknowledge me but shut the Tampa audio off and he was so pissed off that he threw the remote on a counter. I was fine with that, but as soon as our wings made it to our table and we took our first bite, the guy turned the Tampa audio back on. He is lucky the guys I was with were not confrontational because I was ready to clean the grill with his face (my buddies stopped me). Instead I left the place and left my buddies there (I'm not a diehard Dallas fan).
We were a group of 5 guys and I was the only brown guy in the group so the manager probably though I was a Mexican from Texas and like I said before, I’m not a Dallas fan, but I take football seriously and until your place changes its name to Buccaneers, just do as the customer requests. By the way, there was no Tampa or Atlanta fans in the place at the time, there were however other Colts fans that apparently were not bothered by the audio situation or probably were told to f* themselves.

Comments

• Po
      14th of Dec, 2010

Nice way to bring race into the picture. Just because someone is rude does not mean that they are discriminating. And how do you know that no one in the restaurant liked the game that was playing? Did you personally speak to everyone? If watching the game was so much more important to you than choice of restaurant, why didn't you just ask before you sat down and got all pissed off? You are a drama queen and I'm sure the manager was annoyed by the hissy fit you threw over something so stupid. I wish you would have "cleaned the grill with his face" and gotten the assault charges that would have come along with it.

• Th
      23rd of Jan, 2012

They cant play the audio from every game, if they change to the game you want another table might ask to have it switched to another game and then what does the manager do?