HomeDecorators.com / Worst shopping experience

1 Manalapan, NJ, United States Review updated:

Worst on-line shopping experience ever. Worst customer service. They'll never let you know if their stuff is actually out of stock. When the shipment date reaches, they'll send you a nice little email, oh by the way your couch won't be arriving until 2 months from now and 2 month later, you'll receive another email, telling you pretty much the same. I ordered two little pieces of furniture (a file cabinet and a console table) back in may and still haven't received any. When i called, they said some time in september!! I should've just gone to staples and picked up a stupid file cabinet myself and call it a day and the best part is if you try to return any, they stick you with some certain charges that are not refundable which are hefty amount. I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE!! I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THIS STORE AGAIN. I JUST WISH I CAN GET ALL MY MONEY BACK AND NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH THEM AGAIN.

Comments

11th of Aug, 2008

I totally agree, I ordered a desk in February - it is now August and I have yet to receive all the parts - it arrived with half the parts missing and the top of the desk is dented, scratched. Their customer service is the worst - they don't really give a damn - but they are good at sending e-mails to tell you your product is out of stock or will be shipped two months after you order it. I will NEVER order from this company again - and I advise everyone else to look elsewhere for whatever they need..

• Sb
      25th of Aug, 2008

I also agree.
    I bought a bathroom cabinet set in March and only half was delivered.
    They keep delaying delivery every month.
    It is now August and they say they will deliver in October (7 months after the order) but I just can't trust them anymore.

• Le
      5th of Mar, 2011

Am in the middle of this same scenario. I ordered a desk and received it with no instructions, black smudged hand prints (white desk) on panels, only half the hard ware to assemble, a broken computer drawer, and a cabinet door that was touched up with spray paint as the finishes don't match and there is obvious over spray on the hinge. I am guessing that this was a return and it never should have left their warehouse. I too was given the runaround on all these issues. Received two Emails that the replacement parts were on route. When I didn't receive I called and was told that they wouldn't be available for 90 days. WTH! I said that was not acceptable and that they would refund but I am fighting for the shipping charges which were $70.00. The next ad campaign after I received the desk advertised FREE SHIPPING, so I don't know why they won't refund the shipping charges. I will go to the Better Business Bureau if I have to. Wish I had read this site first.