Homeaway / invoicing
We booked a rental in Wales, res no: HA-N7GZQH. On other similar website you would get one invoice for the whole amount. The money between the property owner and the website is between them. At HomeAway, you must ask for an invoice from the owner, and then there is a service fee invoice from HomeAway, but the totals does not add up, even after deducting the £200 Refundable Damage Deposit. After spending about 2 hours on the phone with customer service with both HomeAway and HolidayRentalPayment (the payment partner), they finally said they will contact the owner and supply them with the full amount to invoice us for. I spoke to 8 different people and got 8 different explanations, each one putting the responsibility on the other side. Maybe it is time to change the way invoicing is done or train your people to handle the queries correctly.
We will most definitely not be using HomeAway again. As a business, we cannot go through this trouble every time we book a property.
More Homeaway Complaints & Reviews
- HomeAway.com - bad company 
- Homeaway - worthless customer service 
- HomeAway.com - rental listing services complaint
- HomeAway.com - stay as far away from this company as you can
- HomeAway.com - scammed 
- HomeAway.com - there is no customer service
- Homeaway - holiday rental in lacanau ocean gironde
- Homeaway - rental 4233291 - owner will not return refund - breach of contract
- Homeaway - Owner had said he did not receive money from Me
- Homeaway - vacation rental