Home Depot / unable to purchase/order honda generator eu 3000

Santa Barbara, CA, US Review updated:

I called to order or purchase this generator that was on sale.
3 are available at my local store in Goleta California.
The online system would not take my order because the item was on back order. I was told it was not available anywhere if it is on backorder, however this was not true. They have 3 at my local store in Goleta. The online person called them but the manager said he would not honor the sale price. I can only by it locally if I pay the regular price. This is extremely frustrating. It always seemed the prices at the local home depot were higher and this seems to confirm that. I have shopped Home depot for years buying supplies for our 2 rental homes and buying in volume when we built our house. I am extremely disappointed that the local store charges a premium for shopping local and that they will not release one for me to order when they have 3 available. Extremely poor customer care!

Ke
Nov 27, 2017

Comments

•   Nov 27, 2017

"It always seemed the prices at the local home depot were higher"

You may have been shopping in store for years, but you don't seem to understand the difference in online shopping vs instore prices. Of course it is cheaper to buy online. You pay shipping. And very few retailer's match their online store in price. It defeats the purpose.

• Po
      Nov 28, 2017

The employee probably meant that if the item is on backorder, it is not available in any warehouse for shipping.