Home Depot / delivery issues!

1 College Point, NY, United States Review updated:

I am a builder in NYC and I am finishing up on an 8 family building. A few months back, a gentleman from Home Depot commercial sales approached me and made the world of promises, well I should have been skeptical, because I was the one to pay the price. Home Depot has basically cost me 40% more than what I would have paid the regular competition. I will NEVER do business with them again. It is their lack of responsibility and coordination with the deliveries.

I have lost a tremendous amount of time and salary to pay employees to sit in front of the job site to unload a ghost delivery truck, because it never shows up. It is always a situation where everyone pins the responsibility on each other, and I personally get fed up after it gets so redundant.

In my professional diagnosis, I would say that Home Depot has demonstrated that they are not a company to be trusted, they have a tremendous neglect for customer needs, and therefore, us builders, as consumers, we should not do business with them.

Nelson Nigel.

Comments

• De
      30th of Jun, 2015

I purchased a refrigerator on Friday June 26, 2015 at the Bronx terminal market and I was given a delivery date of June 30, 2015 because the item was on back order. I was unable to get a time frame from the associate at the store for the delivery but was told that I would get it on that date and that I would receive a call the day before for the delivery time frame. Sure enough I did get that automated call saying it wil be delivered on June 30th between the hours of 10:30am and 2:30pm. I made arrangements for that day from work to be home for delivery. On June 30 I am waiting and waiting for the delivery, at 4:00pm I decide to give them a call at 201-758-8081 when a nasty customer service female representative picks up and tells me that the delivery was received late the day before and I should have gotten a phone to let me know. Well the automated machine tells you not to call that they will contact you!! Do you think they called? No. Then she says they are going to schedule a delivery for the following Tuesday. What? If I am buying a refrigerator is because mine is not working! Can't wait until next Tuesday. She puts me on hold and left me speaking by myself. Horrible customer service I will not recommend homedepot or buy anything else from them on the phone with the store of purchase and was put on hold after giving the customer service rep my order number. So far I have been on hold for 35min.