Hobbytron.com / Failure to deliver

1 2401 S Olympic Hills TerrInverness, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 352 560 7144

Ordered two R/C Tanks December 2007, Abrams M1A2 and Walker Bull Dog 1/16th scale, they shipped me the Abrams first the M1A1 not the A2. They shipped the cheaper A1 and attached a note saying they upgraded my order at no charge. Problem was they sent the cheaper model and tried to get me for $20.00 I sent it back, the other tank showed up in January, again the wrong tank. Sent the Snow Leopard instead of the Walker Bull Dog. I called the customer service and they tried to tell me the Snow Leopard and the Walker Bull Dog is the same tank. They had me ship it back. Only to tell me that the Walker Bull Dog was on back order in January.

I have called every month to check on estimate of delivery, and each time I was told that the container was being held up by US Customs and they should be in stock in 2 weeks. That has been for six months. I noticed that they were again advertising the Tank on line, I called their order line to check on availability, I did not tell them I had one on back order, they said they had them available for delivery.

I e-mailed them asking where is my back ordered Tank? They replied with there is no back order like that under my name. I called them and asked what is the story, after several on holds they admitted they had a credit for me and that I had never ordered the Walker Bull Dog tank. They then switched me to a Manager who quickly told me that all I had was a credit with them and that no order exists and my credit will expire August 11th, 2008. I asked why do you think I have a credit there? Do you think I just arbitrarily send money to people? She did hang up on me. This has been going on for 7 months, Oh the Tank is out of stock.

Comments

• Ih
      24th of Jul, 2008

I agree with you completely! I had purchase a airsoft rifle and they ended putting it on back order without telling me when they said they would notify me of any delays. Also when I found out that they said that the earliest it would be 10 business before it would get here. so I said ### you guys and I canceled the order. They ended up keeping the shipping money which was 29.95 but we got the gun order money back. They are worthless ###s who lie and hurt people and take their money. I HATE hobbytron!!!

• Br
      25th of Jul, 2008

My experience with them is about the same. I purchased a car from them 3 weeks ago, and it states that it is still processing in-house. I have called them three times and email them three times and I have not heard anything back from them. Terrible company, will not purchase from them again.

• Jf
      30th of Jul, 2008

I, too, have been sucked into the Hobbytron maze of "it's on its way" and yet it continues to be shown that the order is still in the warehouse. I did however receive an email back (the email address was on my order confirmation). It has been 3 weeks now and I only hope that I can get my money back. Does it help to file a complaint with Paypal?

7th of Aug, 2008

I agree and am trying to contact the Attorney General's Office where I live to pursue consumer protection prosecution.

• Ho
      6th of Feb, 2010

I wish I would have looked closer into HobbyTron before I bought something from it. I have had the same problems as all of you just two months ago.