Hobby Lobby / reimbursement for defective product

Posted: Oct 12, 2017 by   User
Arnold, Missouri
This past Tuesday evening, Oct 10, 2017, I stopped by one of the local Hobby Lobby stores (Arnold, MO/Store #408) in my area with my daughter to return an item I had purchased on June 20, 2017. I knew before going to the store where I had made my purchases (over $200 in the month of June) that the 90-day return policy had expired on September 20, 2017. However, the item that I bought, after trying to hang it, I consider to be defective. After many attempts (visits to the hardware store and hardware purchases) to find the right whatever to hang the dog gone thing, I came away with many holes in my wall and frustration. It is a product that shouldn't be on the shelf unless it comes with instructions as well hardware to hang. I even took it to the local Schaefer Hobby Shop to enlist their help. No one there could figure out what to do with it. I thought about mounting it to a board, but then again the same problem exists. You can't line up screws to manipulate a screwdriver because the bicycle is in the way. There has to be a clear path in order to affix the hardware needed to hang what I thought would be a great addition to my house. I thought I would be given store credit at 100%, but after three of the workers there pulled their heads together to evaluate how they were going to treat this issue they decided that they would refund me 50% I told them no thanks.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Pl Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree