HMS Home Warranty / Refrigerator Repair

1 United States

On October sixteenth 2015 HMS sent a Sears repairman out to fix a tube on the back of my refrigerator that connects to the filter. He cut off an end and reconnected it assuring me the tube was fine and would not break again. On October twenty eighth (12 days later) while I was in Italy I received a call that there was water coming out of my garage. I sent a neighbor in and he shut off the water supply and found my house under three feet of water. Little did I know this was just the beginning of my nightmare! My house had fifty eight thousand dollars damage (mold) and had to be been torn up for three months! When the refrigerator was returned to the kitchen on Friday it no longer turns on. I called HMS and John The Appliance Man came out this morning. He was the only good thing HMS has done so far! He checked my refrigerator and said the mother board was rusty and really could not be sure of what other damage was done because it had been sitting in water. He called HMS and reported it...they said they will not cover the repair or a new refrigerator because they did not approve the initial repair. HMS sent Sears out and it is not my fault that Sears did not get the proper approval to begin with, that is between them and HMS when they come out to the home. They report the repair to be done the home owner is not involved. Now because they sent Sears and Sears did not get approval I do not have a working refrigerator...I have to buy a new one and I have had to try to get through this nightmare. Thank you HMS for sending out the people who destroyed my house...I guess that is what I pay you seventy dollars a month for!

An