H&M Summer Top / colour fastness

1 Georgian MallBarrie, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: (705) 735-3153

My daughter purchased a pink and white top from H&M. She wore it once and put it in for washing. I washed it according to the directions and hung it up to dry in between two pairs of white capris. Not only did the pink dye run into the white on the top, it transferred to the pants also. I spoke with the store manager who said she would look into the matter for me. Never heard back from her so went to the store a week later with the items to show her. She told me she had left me a message (never received it) and that head office had some many of this item with no complaints so therefore must be a washing problem. I asked her to have head office call me and left my number again (even though she supposed had it since she assured me she had left a message). Again, nothing. I sent an email to H&M head office in Ontario and received a call from their customer service dept almost a week later. Same nonesense - it had to be a washing problem, I should not have hung other items so close, etc. etc. In other words, this is a company that does not stand behind their items. Their website talks about their quality control but when it comes down to a problem - forget it your out of luck. Bottom line is, we are out the cost of the top and two pairs of brand new capris (one pair had only been worn once). If it were a washing problem, I would think the whole wash would have been ruined, which it wasn't. The clothes rinse in cold so the colour should not have run unless there was a defect. I can say we will not purchase anything else from this store - it's too expensive.

Comments

• Do
      27th of Jul, 2008

Their clothes are pretty cheap compare to other stores.

22nd of Aug, 2008

I've never had a problem with their customer service and have purchased many garments from H&M. The one quality issue I had with a garment was handled very well, and for your information they have a great return policy. If you have a worn garment that has been purchased within the 30 day return policy and it has a quality issue they will gladly refund your money. If it is a situation similar to mine where I was already past the 30 day policy they give you a store credit.
    As someone who has worked retail I find their policy much better than most stores, and if your concern was not handled as promtly as you would have liked perhaps you should have gone to the store instead of making a phone call as people who are at work are generally very busy. As you seem very angry about the whole situation I seriously doubt you talked to the person on the phone with courtesy and respect which could perhaps be the reason for the delay and lack of co-operation. This company stands behind their garments 100%.
    90% of the time people are too lazy to do their laundry correctly or read the washing instuctions and when something isn't perfect they place blame on someone else as you are doing.
    Head offices are designed to keep a company running smoothly and I doubt they would have called you to tell you there is nothing that they can do. You need to stop making up lies and accept responsibility for screwing up your laundry. Pure and simple!

• Sy
      12th of Nov, 2018
    H&M - sport shose
    Hyderabad

Sir iam book one shose in cartbuy.in online
    But i dnot like that shose iwill dnt like that want dnt want that shose pls return my money the shose is very chep quality

• Sh
      12th of Nov, 2018
    H & M Hennes & Mauritz - customer service in store
    Liverpool
    England, Merseyside
    United Kingdom

From reading all the emails below I can see I'm not alone in thinking H&M has horrendous customer service across the board...and globally. So it's obvious that HM corporate don't give a d*mn about customer service & it's not a priority nor one of their values or there wouldn't be so many complaints! From top to bottom= no customer care training !!