Hewlett Packard / the company, the customer service, and hp pavillion x360 convertible

1 Mississauga, Ontario., Canada Review updated:

It all started with needing to purchase a notebook. Chose HP for no specific reason. Should have figured it out from the frustration of trying to order one on line through the HP store. I had no success, so I gave them a chance and called the store. Got a sales clerk that just could not focus on how to spell my name, my address, and phone #, had to repeat it many times, but some how understood my email address as I was getting all sorts of advertisements from them, and my credit card # because the payment went through instantly.

I waited the 10 days for delivery and nothing showed up, gave another 5, then finally phoned. They told me that the shipping company had it on hold because my name, address, and phone # Was given to them wrong. ( yeah it was my fault I spelt my name, etc. Wrong) My question is: They had my email address, why not contact me letting me know there was a problem?

So finally cleared that all up, received the notebook and had nothing but problems setting it up. Finally had a friend with more experience, help. She finally succeeded after much frustration. So here I am happy camper as I'm travelling and 3 days into my travels having only owned the notebook for a week, it blows up. Call the HP Service and spent 3 hours on the phone getting a diagnostic check and they were able to fix it.

So again while I was travelling I find out this particular notebook has a recall on its battery. So I send it back to Canada to get the battery replaced. Got it back with a great expense of shipping fees. So now to date, Sept 19, 2018, my warranty pops up and they want me to renew it. I declined. Well guess what happens the day after I decline? Yes the touch pad stops working. Coincidence, think not! I called the help Center and after transferring me 5 times then told me I had to call another number. Finally got the right person and they told me They couldn't help unless I bought a warranty at a extremely expensive price. So I told them to shove it where the sun doesn't shine! Not proud but it's just another company that puts out crap product, gets your money and continues to rip people off. I might be wrong, but if a company can fix your product by phone from half way around the world, don't you think they can get into your computer once the warranty is up and mess it up? Just saying. So here I am today with a notebook a year old that is half a computer.

Cl
Sep 21, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      21st of Sep, 2018

your warranty last over a week
    you generally get a 1 year warranty