Hewlett Packard / tech support/possible scam
My HP Office Pro 8600 printer quit working between printing things about 5 minutes apart. I went to the website and started chatting with someone. She explained that I needed to give her my phone number and someone would call me. I did, and a woman, who's first language was not English, called me. I followed her instructions, and without asking me or telling me what she was doing, suddenly she had control of my computer. She did various things before telling me that several "foreign" entities were all using my wi-fi.
When I asked her what to do, she told me I needed to get a firewall between all the entities that were on my wi-fi. I asked her what this would cost, and she put a listing on my computer screen for $799.00! I hung up and turned my computer off. I don't know if H-P is going into the scamming business, but it was their website help that connected me with that person.
Now, I can't use my HP printer with that computer. I also cannot find any way to email a complaint to HP!
More Hewlett Packard Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - warranty repair & customer service
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - tech support, cheaply built product, ripping me off, worst customer service ever
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hp service 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - product out of specification
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - laptop hard drive