Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company / laptop battery
Complaint against fraudulent promises and representation by HP customer care.
History: Bought laptop 15-ay009dx in Nov 2016. Opended the box for first time 11/27/17. yes after a year. Noticed the battery had died and the laptop out of warranty
Called HP customer care on 11/29/17 to report the dead battery and buy a new one. the rep. suggests, I repeat the rep suggests that I should buy a 1 year care package ( extended warranty) at $79 instead of the $59 battery and once the order is processed they can ship the battery for free as part of the extended coverage. Sounded like a no brainer and I bought the extended coverage. I called them 11/30/17 to check on the order processing status, which was and I was charged, and asked them to ship the battery. Now the saga begins for almost an hour, spoke with Parth, Andy and Jay the Loyalty manager and they all said that the rep mistakenly sold me the coverage since batteries are not covered. this is a fraud and I would like a resolution to this. PLEASE HELP and PLEASE GET HP to acknowledge their mistake and HONOR their promise. They still have my $79 and I will never get the battery...feel cheated and robbed..
More Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - warranty repair & customer service
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - tech support, cheaply built product, ripping me off, worst customer service ever
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hp service 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - Product out of specification
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - laptop hard drive