Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company / bad tech support

Owings Mills, MD, United States Review updated:
Today 12/13/2017, I found that my printer, HP Officejet Pro 8715, had no power. I immediately checked cables, power outlet and followed all direction on HP's web site. I then called Tech Support [protected]. I was put on hold and told it would be at least 25 minutes. So, I logged on to the on line support chat. I got a tech, Harry, who walked me through all the troubleshooting steps (I had already done all of these) and still no power to the printer. Case # [protected] to verify. I also kept a transcript of the online chat. He talked me into getting a carepack service contract for 3 years, says I could get next day service. He than said he would transfer the chat to someone who would take care of exchanging my printer. The transfer went to a Dave Nicole, but guess what? He couldn't take care of the printer exchange and I had to call someone else. I complained and he cut me off. ( I printed the transcript). I then called the tech support number and got Walter, he also wanted to troubleshoot my printer, until I stopped him and got his Supervisor, Alfred. (BTW they all speak heavy accented English and at times I could not understand what they were saying and had them repeat themselves until I could). Alfred, gave me two more phone numbers to call to get support. At this point I have be given the run around for over 4 hours. Yes 4 HOURS. With no solution in site and costing me $45. So I decided to try again with a new start. I called a number Alfred gave me [protected] and got a nice tech Jewels or Jules. She walked me through the same troubleshooting procedure for the 3 rd time, even though I gave her the case number and told her about my 4 hour ordeal. She said she would handle it and have her supervisor call me back within the hour. Well that hour has come and gone. So what do I do now? What is the point of offering a warranty if HP will not honor it? Is it the policy of HP to give all customers the runaround? How do I get my printer repaired?

I would like my printer repaired or replaced.

information
HP Officejet Pro 8715
s/ncn72bht02h model j6x80a fpu# D9L-1864001
Sd
Dec 13, 2017

Comments

Ko
  6th of Jan, 2018
I purchased a 17" laptop touch in 2016. While it was still under warranty per the tech support's say, the top and bottom began to separate. I sent it back for repairs and kept getting the run around and how they would offer me so much toward a new one. Again this laptop was under warranty. They ran me around so long I told them to just send it back. I had planned to take it to a local computer repair store. When it got back, nothing was fixed and they had broken the screen into pieces. In my opinion, they owe me a new laptop, but in spite of constant contact concerning this. They completely ignored me. I will never buy another HP and I would advise anyone looking to buy a new computer, stay clear of this company.
Li
  25th of Jan, 2018
HP has always had a very good reputation. For them to completely ignore this situation, makes me think they have no interest in maintaining an A1 rating. This company, to me, is no longer legit. Very poor customer service. I had to go out and buy another lap top that I could not afford. I will never buy anything from this company again. And, I will make sure I tell everyone I know not to purchase from them.
Li
  18th of Feb, 2018
@Linda AM I do the very same thing. I tell everyone I meet and online not to buy their product. I should have called the local news show that looks into things like this and let them deal with them. I know nothing will ever be done at this point, but l will forever warn people about them.

Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company Logo Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company
Overall Satisfaction Rating