Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company

Posted: Dec 13, 2017 by

bad tech support

Owings Mills, Maryland
Today 12/13/2017, I found that my printer, HP Officejet Pro 8715, had no power. I immediately checked cables, power outlet and followed all direction on HP's web site. I then called Tech Support [protected]. I was put on hold and told it would be at least 25 minutes. So, I logged on to the on line support chat. I got a tech, Harry, who walked me through all the troubleshooting steps (I had already done all of these) and still no power to the printer. Case # [protected] to verify. I also kept a transcript of the online chat. He talked me into getting a carepack service contract for 3 years, says I could get next day service. He than said he would transfer the chat to someone who would take care of exchanging my printer. The transfer went to a Dave Nicole, but guess what? He couldn't take care of the printer exchange and I had to call someone else. I complained and he cut me off. ( I printed the transcript). I then called the tech support number and got Walter, he also wanted to troubleshoot my printer, until I stopped him and got his Supervisor, Alfred. (BTW they all speak heavy accented English and at times I could not understand what they were saying and had them repeat themselves until I could). Alfred, gave me two more phone numbers to call to get support. At this point I have be given the run around for over 4 hours. Yes 4 HOURS. With no solution in site and costing me $45. So I decided to try again with a new start. I called a number Alfred gave me [protected] and got a nice tech Jewels or Jules. She walked me through the same troubleshooting procedure for the 3 rd time, even though I gave her the case number and told her about my 4 hour ordeal. She said she would handle it and have her supervisor call me back within the hour. Well that hour has come and gone. So what do I do now? What is the point of offering a warranty if HP will not honor it? Is it the policy of HP to give all customers the runaround? How do I get my printer repaired?

I would like my printer repaired or replaced.

information
HP Officejet Pro 8715
s/ncn72bht02h model j6x80a fpu# D9L-1864001
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Computers & Accessories

Comments

D  6th of Jan, 2018 by    0 Votes
I purchased a 17" laptop touch in 2016. While it was still under warranty per the tech support's say, the top and bottom began to separate. I sent it back for repairs and kept getting the run around and how they would offer me so much toward a new one. Again this laptop was under warranty. They ran me around so long I told them to just send it back. I had planned to take it to a local computer repair store. When it got back, nothing was fixed and they had broken the screen into pieces. In my opinion, they owe me a new laptop, but in spite of constant contact concerning this. They completely ignored me. I will never buy another HP and I would advise anyone looking to buy a new computer, stay clear of this company.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree

Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company Logo Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company
Customer Care Service