Hertz

Posted: Apr 8, 2017 by

car rental

On 2/4/17 I made an online car rental reservation bid online. My bid was picked up by Heartz Car Rental. I prepaid for the reservation and scheduled vehicle pick up on 4/7 by 6 pm. On 4/7 my wife and I arrived at the rental pick up location at 6:15 pm because of heavy traffic. The first Heartz employee that greeted us was rude and kept repeating that they were closed and couldn't help me. I immediately started wondering if this is how all Heartz employees are trained to deal with customers. A few minutes later another employee came in to the customer service area from the back. He was pleasant and was willling to help. I explained my late arrival situation and details of my car rental reservation which I had received through an email. He said the mid size class vehicle I reserved was no longer available while making reference to my 15 mins late arrival. He said I could take a compact car or minivan and I settled for the minivan Once I settled the rental paperwork and upon inspection of the minivan - it had not been washed, the interior had not been vacuumed, and most of the seats were heavily stained. Since this was the only available vehicle comprable to the size class I reserved, I had no choice but to drive it. I was given two keys, none with keyless entry or remote. The interior reaks and rattles like a kicked tin can.

My first experience with Heartz has been less than satisfactory. I hope someone from their management team reads this posting and pays close attention. We are living in a world where a business quality assurance and customer service should be at the front line and core principle and if it cannot adhere to those it might as well fold up and let someone else take over.
Complaint comments Comments (1)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Car Rental

Comments

N  12th of Apr, 2017 by    0 Votes
I had rented a vehicle by phone using our perks by club wyndham. I put it in my husbands name because we have the timeshare and the Perks deal and I thought it had to be in his name even though our son and his wife will be doing the driving. We didn't know before we went to pick up the car that there would be an additional fee charged because of this. No one told us this. If we had known we would have put it our sons name. Seems like this is a way of getting more money, and they should have explained things better. This is the first and probably last time we will be using your company

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree